New, to me, Toto problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New, to me, Toto problem

I've had two of these show up. These are older two piece Totos using the one piece style(brass screw retainers) flush valve.
    Mike
    Attached Files

Re: New, to me, Toto problem

Originally posted by myakka View Post
    I've had two of these show up. These are older two piece Totos using the one piece style(brass screw retainers) flush valve.
    Mike
    What does this mean?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Sorry, I was hoping the picture would do the talking. The tank to bowl gaskets on some older Toto toilets are, over time, loosing their shape and leaking. See the gasket in the picture has become out of round. Toto used to use the same flush valve for both two piece and one piece toilets.
      Mike

Comment

Here is a drawing of the old flush valve.
        Attached Files

Comment

i still have 1 of those old style toto flappers. they could attach weights to lengthen the flush.

the red gmax flapper has replaced it.

will a standard tank to bowl gasket substitute? toto is pretty good at sending free parts out.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Rick
            No. Not without changing the flush valve to the new gmax(p/n THU 129 WA-A and the THU 131 tank to bowl gasket- p/n's off the top of my head so double check). I did contact Toto to make sure the new flush valve would be an acceptable replacement ( I'll check my notes to get the contacts name). Their website doesn't cover older models that well. Toto offered me no free parts.
            Mike
            Last edited by myakka; 07-22-2010, 05:31 AM.

Comment

To get free parts you have to tell tham you are a "customer"

Comment

Working...
              X