Nissan cargo van!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nissan cargo van!

Wonder if there will be a 4x4 available It's a little ugly but would be great to have a service van with 4x4
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

agree with nose comment... wasted space making it a pickup layout instead of a semi-cabover van layout.

disagree with comment on bashing folks for buying jap-crap... jap cars are still better, though the gap has closed some. 25 years ago they were so stupidly better it's amazing detroit sold any of their crap. tell me an 85 cavalier was better than an 85 corolla, really. as if. please. not even a contest.

I buy what works for me. Want me to buy american? build a decent product in america. somthing I might actually have a prayer of removing a nut or bolt on to fix something 10 years later without a torch.

I won't be at the nissan dealership this fall; I'm too cheap to buy any vehicle new. But the next time one of my GMC's poops all over itself, you can bet an off-lease nissan will be considered.

pet ford peeve: why must my truck go 'bong, bong, bong, bong, bong' at me for 10 minutes after I start it up, and randomly thoughout the day every time I hit a pothole? was the interval between bonging sessions scietifically chosen to be just right to make me think it might have given up every time?

pet GMC/chev peeve; if your $500 fuel pumps just have to be crap, could you at least give me an access panel in the bed to remove them so I don't have to drop the tank every couple of years to replace them?
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
        agree with nose comment... wasted space making it a pickup layout instead of a semi-cabover van layout.

disagree with comment on bashing folks for buying jap-crap... jap cars are still better, though the gap has closed some. 25 years ago they were so stupidly better it's amazing detroit sold any of their crap. tell me an 85 cavalier was better than an 85 corolla, really. as if. please. not even a contest.

I buy what works for me. Want me to buy american? build a decent product in america. somthing I might actually have a prayer of removing a nut or bolt on to fix something 10 years later without a torch.

I won't be at the nissan dealership this fall; I'm too cheap to buy any vehicle new. But the next time one of my GMC's poops all over itself, you can bet an off-lease nissan will be considered.

pet ford peeve: why must my truck go 'bong, bong, bong, bong, bong' at me for 10 minutes after I start it up, and randomly thoughout the day every time I hit a pothole? was the interval between bonging sessions scietifically chosen to be just right to make me think it might have given up every time?

pet GMC/chev peeve; if your $500 fuel pumps just have to be crap, could you at least give me an access panel in the bed to remove them so I don't have to drop the tank every couple of years to replace them?
        Ford drives me NUTS with their ball joint problem. Just about every single truck we have had..we had to replace ball joints at the 50,000-60,000 mark. I just got my Pick-up back (personal vehicle) and had uppers and lowers replaced. I do plow so..I'm quite sure that helped.

I now I have to take my work truck in to have both sides done, and we don't beat our trucks.

My perfect truck (personal) would be...A Ford P/U body, with an Allison transmission, and a Cummings diesel.

Comment

yup, just did the ball joints on employee's personal Fix Or Repair Daily a few months ago.

I already own my perfect truck (personal); '85 chev k-2500, 350 and a four speed. pre diastered; no grill, got bullet holes in it, every panel dented, front end loose enough I weave even when sober. people give this truck a WIDE berth, because they know I just don't give a $hit.

downside is 10 mpg downhill, in 2wd, with a tailwind. lock the front axle in and you can literally watch the gas guage fall. upside is always starts, valve cover oil leaks go directly on the manifolds so it smokes evilly in parking lots, NEVER been stuck, the fuel is deductable, and it came to me free, needing a clutch, which I put in a USED clutch a buddy had (lord I'm cheap... but it was in good shape so why not?).
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

C3500, 3 speed with a granny, can't kill it.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
              Ford drives me NUTS with their ball joint problem. Just about every single truck we have had..we had to replace ball joints at the 50,000-60,000 mark. I just got my Pick-up back (personal vehicle) and had uppers and lowers replaced. I do plow so..I'm quite sure that helped.

I now I have to take my work truck in to have both sides done, and we don't beat our trucks.

My perfect truck (personal) would be...A Ford P/U body, with an Allison transmission, and a Cummings diesel.
              That's planned failure. Heard they are using a non-serviceable universal joint also. And it's weak. So you have to replace the whole deal.

No reason to design failure in these parts except to get in your wallet. $$$

J.C.

Comment

I buy American also but it is a nice van. Maybe Chevy will convert also. I would also like to see it in 4x4 or AWD. I have an AWD Express Van that I can not replace with a Sprinter because of that issue. I would like to know how much binned and racked out also. What does a Sprinter set up run?

Comment

Just give us a van that has good cargo and head room, 4x4 nice little lift gate and 30 mpg. It's not like I'm asking a lot
                  And an access panel to the fuel tank to swap out fuel pumps replaced two in my express already. And rugged ball joints I expect 200k out of them.

Hey car companies yeah you guy's you really want to make us more profitable make vans that don't break.
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

My "American" Chevrolet with the Duramax? The engine is an Isuzu. I doubt like hell I'd ever buy a diesel pickup again. One of my Powerstrokes needs $4800 worth of fuel systems repair! They tell me if my Duramax needs the same it will cost me 11k!

I think I want my old 78 GMC or my 77 Ford, or my 85 Chevy back. They were cheap and easy to work on.

My wife has a 98 Durango. It needs a heater core. $1200. They've got the damn thing stuck so far under the dash that it takes all day to replace it. Stupid.
                    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Diesel is dead in the light duty market. EPA just absolutely killed it with their requirements.

Caterpillar said screw it. I even heard a rumor that Cummins may leave Dodge. Remember, rumor though.

God help anyone with a 6.0.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        Diesel is dead in the light duty market. EPA just absolutely killed it with their requirements.

Caterpillar said screw it. I even heard a rumor that Cummins may leave Dodge. Remember, rumor though.

God help anyone with a 6.0.

J.C.
                        For years I read rumors with Cummings & Ford Teaming up, but I just don't see it happening.

If I'm correct International isn't building the NEW Ford Diesel's anymore are they?

Comment

For years I read rumors with Cummings & Ford Teaming up, but I just don't see it happening.

If I'm correct International isn't building the NEW Ford Diesel's anymore are they?
                          I think the 6.7 is all Ford. Engineered and built.

The 6.0 was such garbage it almost bankrupted Ford (Opinion). They went into lawsuits & arbitrations after a many decade partnership. Last I heard it was settled, and the partnership completely dissolved.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            I think the 6.7 is all Ford. Engineered and built.

The 6.0 was such garbage it almost bankrupted Ford (Opinion). They went into lawsuits & arbitrations after a many decade partnership. Last I heard it was settled, and the partnership completely dissolved.

J.C.
                            Yea Ford had a problem with the 6.0 powerstroke. I REALLY like the new Powerstroke out now..they have some great reviews so far.

Comment

Yea Ford had a problem with the 6.0 powerstroke. I REALLY like the new Powerstroke out now..they have some great reviews so far.
                              I personally wouldn't touch a diesel of any kind right now in the light/medium duty market. The emission requirements the EPA has instituted have put a stranglehold on the designers causing the engines to cost so much for initial purchase & maintenance that I really do think they will kill it.

Engine wise, one of my mechanic customers agrees. I was asking because I really wanted an experts opinion. He said it makes no sense for 99% of situations. And that a gas engine that can do the same job will go 250,000 miles+ when serviced properly.

J.C.

Comment

Just for the heck of it I went to the Big 3 websites to price what getting a diesel in a truck would cost. Just that option in a basic truck increases the price:

Ford 6.7 Scorpion $7,835.00
                                Dodge 6.7 Cummins $8,020.00
                                Chevrolet 6.6 DuraMax $8,395.00

(Includes options you are forced to include such as transmission changes)

Might be just the ticket for some. Not me though.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X