Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe Pull™ trenchless pipe replacement?

i am in australia and i was looking at a US company 'mr rooter' (interesting name) anyway they were talking about replacing pipe in the ground with out digging a trench? could someone explain??

Ditch Witch Trenchless

Comment

THERE ARE A FEW DIFFERENT METHODS OF TRENCHLESS.
      PIPE BURSTING IS A METHOD WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO REPLACE A SEWER LINE WITHOUT DIGGING UP THE WHOLE SYSTEM. YOU DO HAVE TO EXPOSE BOTH THE STARTING SIDE AND FINISHING END, ALONG WITH ANY WYE OR TEE CONNECTIONS. THE OPENING FOR MY MACHINE REQUIRES APPROX. 2' WIDE X 3' LONG X 6'' DEEPER THAN THE PIPE. ON THE OTHER END ENOUGH ROOM TO PROPERLY GET INTO THE DITCH TO MAKE THE RECONNECTION. THE PIPE OF CHOICE IS "HDPE SDR17". ALTHOUGH MY MACHINE WILL PULL ANY MATERIAL FOR BURSTING.
      THE OLD PIPE IS USED AS A CONDUIT FOR THE PATH OF THE NEW PIPE. THE OLD PIPE IS SPLIT AND SPREAD INTO THE SURROUNDING SOIL. UP TO 40 TONS OF PULLING POWER IS APPLIED TO ACCOMPLISH THIS. I CAN GO UP TO 6'' WITH MY EQUIPTMENT. MORE WITH LARGER EQUIPTMENT.
      THESECOND METHOD IS RELINING WITH AN EPOXY BASED LINER. THIS METHOD CAN USUALLY BE DONE THROUGH A CLEANOUT. THUS MAKING IT TRULY TRENCHLESS. THE DRAWBACK THOUGH IS THE NEW PIPE WILL BE APPROX. 1/4'' SMALLER. ANY OFFSETS WILL ALSO CREATE A SMALLER OPENING. PLUS ANY ROOTS THAT ARE PROTRUDING WILL NEED TO BE CUT OUT TO ALLOW FOR FULL EXPANSION OF THE LINER. AN INFLATABLE BLADDER IS EXPANDED TO ALLOW THE LINER TO FULLY CURE IN A FEW HOURS.
      BOTH METHODS CAN BE USED FOR 100' PLUS. THE LONGEST I'VE DONE IN 1 PULL WAS 140'. I GO SLOW TO WATCH THE PROGRESS. APPROX. 2' PER MINUTE.
      ANOTHER WEB SITE FOR PIPEBURSTING WITH A LOT OF INFO IS WWW.TRENCHLESSAMERICA.COM

Comment

Working...
      X