Concrete breakers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Concrete breakers

I personally am a fan of the 60 lb brute. I am a relativly solid 215 lb man , and I dont have problem using the brute all day long. I guess it just depends on what you are doing.

Comment

I have a Harborfreight demo hammer (SDS-max) and about 30#. I thought I would chance it given it was hugely cheaper than most of the well known brands. Suprisingly it appears to be fairly well built. I've mainly used it for digging hardened clay and rocks/boulders with a clay spade. But I have done some concrete demo with it such as fence post bases and it has worked well. I also have the tamper attachent for compacting soil which also works well. There seem to be a good number of SDS-max attachments such as for breaking tile so a 30# SDS-max tool seems like it would be a good general purpose tool.

Comment

Better run that Harbor Freight hammer on some 10 gauge cord the armature and field smoke real easy.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post

The brute is a great breaker but honestly I kill myself loading and unloading it from the truck
          If you like using it so much, what about installaing a 12volt winch in the van(if using a van) on the ceiling inside and using that to lift it in and out? saves the back, just a suggestion
          I don't bite my finger nails, I KNOW when payday is, and yes, it can run uphill when it gets blocked(or you install a grinder pump) so HA!!!!

Comment

Picked up the Hilti TE 1500 AVR this morning ( The one from the link video)...

All I can say is DAMN!!! I ran it side by side with the Brute on 4" slab concrete and it was faster not to mention I was doing it one handed

(In the Brutes defense the operator was breaking through the slab and sticking the bit and having to pull it out where I was breaking and moving very quickly)

The weight to hitting power is fantastic!

Sorry for being such a Hilti Fanboi I'm just impressed...

Bill

Comment

Working...
            X