Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oatey Liquilock

http://www.oatey.com/Plumber/Shared/...uilock+TM.html

I just gave this stuff a try today, it's pretty spectacular. I was a little afraid that the gel wouldn't break down very well and i'd end up snaking it out of the bowl. But within a minute or so of adding fresh water to the bowl, the gel had completely broken down. Cool stuff.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Re: Oatey Liquilock

Hmmm
    I just suck the water out

Comment

I just try to lift the toilet over onto a sheet of plastic without tilting it
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

That might be handy. Thanks. I run into many situations in a crawlspace where you have to just lay in water. Wondering if you could throw a pack or two down and it help?

Cost?

J.C.

Comment

supply house is selling it for 2.40 a packet. you probably wouldn't want to lay in it, its kinda jello like, and well, it'd get expensive if you needed to get rid of very much water.

Though a 55 gallon drum of it in a swimming pool would be kind of funny.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
            supply house is selling it for 2.40 a packet. you probably wouldn't want to lay in it, its kinda jello like, and well, it'd get expensive if you needed to get rid of very much water.

And now I have a weekend project. Shouldn't give me too many ideas....

J.C.

Comment

i use a plunger to push out most of the water and then lift the toilet into a mortar tray.

joey just reminded me of a product called florist gel. it's a dehydrated powder that absorbs water and turns it into gel. then it will keep the plants wet without spilling or adding liquid. when it starts to dry out days later, you just add water.

probably the same stuff. plus it comes in designer colors

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                Now THAT would be hilarious.

Untill the jello has to be removed from the pool.
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

thats why you do it to someone elses pool Geno.

Comment

That stuff is the bomb. costs about 85 cents a pack. will gell up even the blue goo. perfect for a re-set. Add water to re-loosen it up and it flushes right down after. has other nefarious uses as well
                    sigpic

Comment

Now why didn't I think of that?

Comment

I just tried the stuff this week. It worked awesome.

Comment

First off, i'm getting ripped off on the price. second, do tell on the nefarious purposes. I've got an idea or two for it, but i'm all ears for some better ones.

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                          That stuff is the bomb. costs about 85 cents a pack. will gell up even the blue goo. perfect for a re-set. Add water to re-loosen it up and it flushes right down after. has other nefarious uses as well

Comment

How many packs do you spose it would take to gell up a hot tub
                            sigpic

Comment

probably not as many as i'd think. say 20 or so?

Comment

Working...
                              X