X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did he get in there

I got a call yesterday, upstairs bathtub leaking through ceiling above washing machine closet. I cut the ceiling inside the cabinet to expose the p-trap, cut the p-trap out and removed it. There was hair hanging out of the waste and overflow, so I pulled it out slowly when I saw that I was pulling on a tail. I thought I'd go for a good laugh, so I pushed it back in a little bit and got off the ladder. I told my helper to pull the hair out to clear the line, so he gets up on the ladder and pulls on the hair, then he screams like a little girl and almost fell off the ladder, I said "its only a dead rat" and he says "no, it moved" He pulls it all the way out and puts it in a bucket. Then we take it outside and put it on a tree stump, rinsed it off and waited for about 30 minutes before he scattered into the woods. Not sure it its a chipmonk or a baby ground squirrel.Click image for larger version

Name:	1fc52d1ed237bdb5c590ab53c9b7bada.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	488.6 KB
ID:	11426

Click image for larger version

Name:	d2243de30b5d125620de0619c6be4df3.jpg
Size:	502.5 KB
ID:	11427

Name:	ef000ad60240454b7469d1576437d81b.jpg
Size:	552.5 KB
ID:	11428

Name:	2e44a4abea949e6eae3adb4e94ae7a96.jpg
Size:	556.9 KB
ID:	11429
    The Other Rick

Re: How did he get in there

That's one lucky SOB, he probably wouldn't have lasted much longer in there. Must have sucked up a lot of suds. I wonder if he got there from the vent. Is the shower the only fixture on that branch off the stack, and I'll bet it's probably the first he would encounter on the way down. Easier to travel horizontal than try to climb back up, but it didn't work out too well for him, at least until you came along and rescued him.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

You saved him! It looks like a chipmunk in the face and many days of Good Karma for you!

Comment

Nothing short of amazing !

Comment

congratulations, You have great parents ! I can say with confidence

that's an Oakland Song Bird
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Nice save Rick!

Comment

I have a replica of a baby Tarantula in my tool bag, and when things get too dull and quiet I pull it out and fling it on whoever is helping me. It gets the school girl screams going every time! LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
                I got a call yesterday, upstairs bathtub leaking through ceiling above washing machine closet. I cut the ceiling inside the cabinet to expose the p-trap, cut the p-trap out and removed it. There was hair hanging out of the waste and overflow, so I pulled it out slowly when I saw that I was pulling on a tail. I thought I'd go for a good laugh, so I pushed it back in a little bit and got off the ladder. I told my helper to pull the hair out to clear the line, so he gets up on the ladder and pulls on the hair, then he screams like a little girl and almost fell off the ladder, I said "its only a dead rat" and he says "no, it moved" He pulls it all the way out and puts it in a bucket. Then we take it outside and put it on a tree stump, rinsed it off and waited for about 30 minutes before he scattered into the woods. Not sure it its a chipmonk or a baby ground squirrel.
                Way to go!!!
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                X