X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Propress job!

3/4 RP backflow, very easy job. The copper was soft that I had to connect to, so I thought it might be a problem with the propress but it went on very easy. I just got the 330C and it was a little diffacult to get it in there to press the fittings, just had to dig out a little more. This would have been easy either way solder or press. But if it was say a 2" backflow for a condo or something it will be nice to press even though there may be a little running water, were if I had to solder it would be a *****. I may look into getting the 100B it looks smaller and lighter then my 330C. Paul
    Attached Files
    You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Re: My first Propress job!

you could also get the propress rings that will allow for even more swivel. of course you could pre fabb 1 side of each 90 before you drop it in the ditch.

did i not see a black sharpie mark for the fitting insert depth

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

did i not see a black sharpie mark for the fitting insert depth

We dont need no stinking markers!

Comment

Very nice, very professional!

Comment

I'm jealous!

opps did I just say that?

Comment

Job well done, I have not tried to use a propress yet, but after finding this website am starting to look at changing a BUNCH of the "old school"ways I was taught and stuck by. Also, you guys don't have to sleeve Cu in the ground with anything?
            I don't bite my finger nails, I KNOW when payday is, and yes, it can run uphill when it gets blocked(or you install a grinder pump) so HA!!!!

Comment

nice job i might have to get a propress myself

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post

We dont need no stinking markers!

Comment

Looks good, but where are the unions?

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
                    3/4 RP backflow, very easy job. The copper was soft that I had to connect to, so I thought it might be a problem with the propress but it went on very easy. I just got the 330C and it was a little diffacult to get it in there to press the fittings, just had to dig out a little more. This would have been easy either way solder or press. But if it was say a 2" backflow for a condo or something it will be nice to press even though there may be a little running water, were if I had to solder it would be a *****. I may look into getting the 100B it looks smaller and lighter then my 330C. Paul
                    If you have to get a press tool, I'd also consider this for 1" and below. Gets into tighter places.

J.C.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
                      Looks good, but where are the unions?

No unions needed in Florida. I guess you could install them but not needed by code. Now the next guys that comes along I guess I could have made his life easier.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        If you have to get a press tool, I'd also consider this for 1" and below. Gets into tighter places.

J.C.
                        You know I am a huge Rothenberger fan when it comes to their rods and Ro Pump. But their press tool I was unimpressed with it when I rented the one AJ Coleman has. It just did not have the power the Ridgid ProPress tool has. If I need to get into a tight space I will get the swivel rings then.
                        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                          You know I am a huge Rothenberger fan when it comes to their rods and Ro Pump. But their press tool I was unimpressed with it when I rented the one AJ Coleman has. It just did not have the power the Ridgid ProPress tool has. If I need to get into a tight space I will get the swivel rings then.
                          I think I agree. The ProPress has more of a "whistle" up too and through it's cycle.

While the Rothenberger does not sound as strong. Especially at the high pressure/middle of the cycle. But I do have to say it always does what it's supposed to do. Everyone should try to put their hands on one they are interested in first. If possible.

Still like the stick design better. Saw a flyer where Rothenberger had some gun designs coming out that look like azz to me. But you don't pay necessarily for how things look but what they do. Plus, I recognize the design. Some other German company has had the exact same looking tool for awhile.

Looks like it's just redone in red with the Rothenberger name on it. Kind of like Viegas tools having a Ridgid shell on them.

Who makes what anymore?

J.C.
                          Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 08-16-2010, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X