X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kohler pressure balance valve

I have a customer who called me the other day and told my that they are having trouble with the Kohler shower valve in their master bath. They had it installed about 5 years ago, and ever since the pressure balance unit in it seems to go bad. It was replaced twice before me...and now it's gone bad again about 6 weeks after I installed it. I'm not sure of the model number but it is black plastic with o rings for both hot and cold sides that get squeezed between it and the back inside of the shower valve. You then bolt the mixing cap over it. Has anyone experienced this problem where as time goes on you have to turn the handle farther and farther to get hot water?

Re: Kohler pressure balance valve

I have had the problem but it was with a different Kohler valve and cartridge assembly. I just rebuilt it completely with parts under warranty. Replace the PBU and the cap assembly and see what happens. I think that the Pbu should last more than 6 weeks.

Comment

copper or gal pipe? have you flushed out the valve real good before installing the new cartridge?

whoops forgot, you said kohler junk

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Those Kohler tub/shower faucets are the biggest P.I.A. in the world to work on.

Absolutely ONE of the worst "internally" designed faucets I've ever seen.

Comment

So do you guys think that I should just replace it with a something like a Moen posi-temp or is there a remedy for it?

Comment

buy the kohler kit and hope for the best. simple fix with no wall repair.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

If it is justifiable replace the valve with a Moen, otherwise rebuild it and hope for the best.

Comment

The ones we are putting in, have an allen key on the top of the black knob. We have to turn it all the way to hot then quarter turn back

Comment

Working...
                X