X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professionals strike again

New house, c.o. in spring, been occupied intermittenetly maybe 7 days since total since c.o. Builder calls me, owners having troubles. It's the whole house. Two cleanouts in drive. cam into one... chunks of pvc and dirt, etc....hmmm, that's not good. but it's open to what appears to be the city main.

so, run some water in the house... gurgles and not good noises... hmmm.

walk back outside. second cleanout now overflowing....huh? aren't these two on the same line? one guzzinta and one guzzouta?

oh well, toss a cable into the overflowy one. 50' later clinkity clink; I'm at the bottom of a toilet.

try jetting (do so with abandon as it rolls out the the driveway c/o before flooding the house). get 20' in and dead end, puke tp all over the drive.

1st c/o has a line entering the vertical a few feet down... I get thinking about this, and turn a hose on the line a downspout is going into...sho'nuff.

dummies tied the foundation drains and gutters into san sewer, and tied the house into a gravel bed.

scratch one driveway and a 12' hole later; yep, that's what I said, isn't it?

For the cost of having me out to cam and make sure (less than what I charged to figure it out after the fact), these guys saw cut asphalt, dug a 12' hole, repaired, backfilled, now await repave, and bent their ho out of shape in the process.

Anything worth doing is worth doing twice.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.
Working...
X