X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sat through 8 hour lead class today

Went 2 weeks ago. I agree like watching paint dry.

Our state has it's own standards and doesn't use the EPA standards. If we disturb just 1 SQ FT of material, we must be certified or have certified supervisor on site.

I asked who is enforcing and there is no one yet....but they claim to be hiring for it......

Comment

6sq feet for us so I guess we won't be doing any demo for awhile. $785.00 for the pleasure of the class but hey, we did get softball chicken for lunch
      sigpic

Comment

The leads gonna' get you! The mold! The Flux, it's the flux!

And it's your fault! And your fault! And their fault! Pay Me, Pay Me, Pay Me!!!

Too many something for nothing m'fers in this world right now.

J.C.

Comment

This is awesome we just had how many people claim to be breaking the law. this is perfect we just had a law passed and come into effect at least it is in Mi and I believe nationwide. Don't worry we won't enforce it YET but you are still a law breaker and we will get you at our convienence. We will make it so expensive for a person to fix a house made before 1978 that you will have to go to the government and beg for help or aid or a special loan. Ya this is great.

I've known about this for quite awhile. Don't forget if you do work without proper paper work and handleing of material the home owner can sue you. Ya this is awesome.

Comment

Oh hell while I'm on a rant. I've talked to a few state workers and they seem to think the government will make examples of a few, probebly big guys but who knows. I want to know if we will support the guys that get made an example of? will we hang together or will we hang seperatley? I know the answer and we will all be hung.

Comment

I plan on doing the same thing I did with asbestos, nothing
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RDW920 View Post
                Went 2 weeks ago. I agree like watching paint dry.

Our state has it's own standards and doesn't use the EPA standards. If we disturb just 1 SQ FT of material, we must be certified or have certified supervisor on site.

I asked who is enforcing and there is no one yet....but they claim to be hiring for it......

Ding Dind Ding ...anothers senator's Nephew has a job

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                  From what I understand as a service plumber that does not do remodels we are not required to take the class. Any one that opens more than so many square feet of wall has to take the class. The most I ever open is 2 maybe 3 square feet. In most cases the wall is already open for me.
                  Thats all it takes. 2 sq ft

Comment

This is an interesting thread. I think I'm going to ignore the lead paint issue as long as I can.
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

More reasons to go under ground! Contractors and homeowners will
                      pull less permits ! Less revenue for the City. One more reason to
                      side with the tea party and take our Govt. back.
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

The law went into effect April 22, 2010. If you do any type of repair on a structure built before 1978, you need a certified lead supervisor on staff, this is a 40 hour class, and everyone working under him needs the 8 hour class. If you open over 3 sq. ft. of wallboard, trim, etc. even with the 8 hour class, you can be fined without a supervisor on staff. The supervisor doesn't have to be on site at all times, but is the main responsible person for proper work technique for the company employees. $795 for the 40 hour class, $200 for the 8 hour class, then $300 for the federal certificate, then there is a state certification also, $250 per year in KY. The funny thing is, if I do any painting on my rentals, I only have to "use good practice" but don't have to be certified, since I am not doing the work "commercially." I took an 8 hour lead abatement course a couple of years ago that was sponsored by our city, and it counts as the 8 hour course. I figured it wouldn't, so that was a surprise. Another way to get some free money for the state and Federal EPA.

Comment

Working...
                        X