X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lav pop-ups not holding...

Went to a small job where the 2 newly remodeled bathroom sink's did not hold water. Took the pop up off and found that the remodeling contractor did not use any sealant(putty) on the pop up. Did not think that both lav drains were defective. To make matters worse the said contractor figured out a way to make a Moen Positemp trim kit somewhat work on a MoenTrol valve.

How far will people go, and how much will they take before they figure it is cheaper in the long run to have a plumber involved?

Re: Lav pop-ups not holding...

The Moen pop-ups that come with the faucets from Home Cheapo and Lowes have got to be the worst pop-ups I've ever worked with.

I cringe every time I have to install one.

Comment

I am 3 for 4 so far with Lowe's and the plastic pop-up . Had to cut it out as the metal crimp ring on top would not stop spinning and did not seal.

Comment

I did get $50 out of them to get a new one.

Comment

These were actually the good ones, all brass. I also cringe when installing the cheap plastic ones from HD and Blowes.

Comment

I always just throw them away when I get called out to install a customer provided faucet. I Keep a few of the brass generic ones in the truck and use them instead. I won't install a plastic cheapo pop up.

Comment

Just installed 2 Moens from the Depot today. Yeah, they're really cheapening some of their product. Yep, came with the plastique drain. Funny thing is, I've replaced quite a few of those pop-ups, but not because the ***'y itself is bad. It's never rusty.. it's plastic!! However, the lift that screws into the drain rusts out and drops the pop-up. Then the homeowner pulls it out and throws it away; leaving a gaping hole in the lav...

Comment

Put in all types. I have to say I haven't had any extra trouble with a plastic assembly EXCEPT....

THE ENGINEER/BEAN COUNTER/DECISION MAKER THAT DECIDED ON THE PLASTIC ADJUSTMENT PIECE FOR THE POPUP IS AN IDIOT.

Too flexy. Just not right.

Pulled two American Standards the other day from around 1960. 4" spread lav. faucets felt like they weighed about 4lbs. each. Popup assembly felt about 2lbs. each.

Go find that now.

J.C.

Comment

Love the scrap from old faucets. The plumbers 10 yrs. from now won't even know what scrap brass/ copper is. Plastic s*&% !
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                  X