Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mystery Sewer Damage (video)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Mystery Sewer Damage (video)

    GREAT post... really awesome

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Mystery Sewer Damage (video)

      Nice neat hole

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Mystery Sewer Damage (video)

        Small hole... small paycheck
        Big hole... big paycheck $$$$

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Mystery Sewer Damage (video)

          Great thread.. really enjoyed it.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Mystery Sewer Damage (video)

            Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            Small hole... small paycheck
            Big hole... big paycheck $$$$
            I sold it a little differently... Small hole=surgical precision=big paycheck

            The insurance adjuster was happy not to have to remove the cabinets

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Mystery Sewer Damage (video)

              Originally posted by Flux View Post
              What fernco's?

              That's ok JC..next time I install a Laundry box, I'mma take pics of my 2 9/16" hole through 2x4's..just for you!

              You can do it without that hole. I have too all the time.

              I use a Goodman box to make it easier.

              J.C.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Mystery Sewer Damage (video)

                nice job bill i too keep the hole as small as possible since i have to haul out the debris and mix up the concrete.

                typically i will saw cut enough to get to the problem and then saw again if i need it larger. i try to keep between the grout lines.

                nice before and after photos

                rick.
                phoebe it is

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Mystery Sewer Damage (video)

                  Nice job. I guess it pays to have the toys...I meant tools.
                  So are you going to do the tile work too?

                  Was the rebar for the slab?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Mystery Sewer Damage (video)

                    Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post
                    Nice job. I guess it pays to have the toys...I meant tools.
                    So are you going to do the tile work too?

                    Was the rebar for the slab?
                    No tile work for me...The GC that was brought in for the blackwater restoration will take care of it.

                    The rebar appeared to be mat support (for the slab)
                    Last edited by OkieBill; 08-27-2010, 08:00 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Mystery Sewer Damage (video)

                      Thanks Bill,
                      Great video with the Micro finished up with the play by play photos.
                      Great job
                      Your modesty is refreshing.
                      Adam

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Mystery Sewer Damage (video)

                        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        nice job bill i too keep the hole as small as possible since i have to haul out the debris and mix up the concrete.

                        typically i will saw cut enough to get to the problem and then saw again if i need it larger. i try to keep between the grout lines.

                        nice before and after photos

                        rick.
                        I normally will saw cut as well but the doctors were very concerned with dust next to their wound care room... I ended up using a chisel point on the breaker and starting the hole the old fashioned way with a shop vac going the whole time...

                        One person business is great fun

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Mystery Sewer Damage (video)

                          Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                          I normally will saw cut as well but the doctors were very concerned with dust next to their wound care room... I ended up using a chisel point on the breaker and starting the hole the old fashioned way with a shop vac going the whole time...

                          One person business is great fun
                          What!? Dust isn't fiber for the soul?

                          Great job and pics! Thanks. Just curious, why not use Ferncos with the stainless backing so you wouldn't have to mix concrete to set around the Ferncos?
                          Time flies like an arrow.

                          Fruit flies like a banana.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Mystery Sewer Damage (video)

                            Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                            What!? Dust isn't fiber for the soul?

                            Great job and pics! Thanks. Just curious, why not use Ferncos with the stainless backing so you wouldn't have to mix concrete to set around the Ferncos?

                            I would have used them but I did not have any on my truck at the time... My supply house does not stock them so I special order them (3 days lead time), this job was a 24 hour start to finish kind of deal...

                            Bill

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X