• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Berger Transit

Check out this transit, 1917 model, y 10050
    Attached Files

Re: Old Berger Transit

Is it a true transit or a builders level?
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I have no idea, what ever that mod.# was. I got it from a fellow that said it was his Great Uncles. I did some work for the guy and he just gave it to me, said I might be interested in it. It has the old wooden case, tripod and stick.

Comment

It looks like a builders' level. Very nice piece.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          It looks like a builders' level. Very nice piece.

J.C.
          Agree, I don't see a way to transit the scope, so must be a level.
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Is the builders' level the same as a farm level? I have a similar one that was my grandfather's. My Dad always called it a farm level, perhaps because his father used it on the farm.

Comment

I would think so
              I have a old level that came off the farm also
              My father in law used it when he leveled ground 60 years ago
              I used it at the farm yesterday to set forms...

Comment

Working...
              X