X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how difficult to raise bathroom floor level

As we installed hardwood floor in the living room, it makes the level in bathroom lower than living room, as we plan to remodel bathroom soon, I want to know how difficult to raise the pipe in bathroom (toilet and bathtub).

Thanks.

Re: how difficult to raise bathroom floor level

YM2008 you may get a better response if you post your question in the ask the plumbing experts section

Pictures always help as well...

Comment

How much are we talking about? It it is no more than an inch, I wouldn't touch the tub. The toilet can be easily raised up simply using flange exensions. The vanity could be left as is, and just be a little short. It could be raised with little or no difficutly as far as the drain and water supply.

Comment

Originally posted by ym2008 View Post
        As we installed hardwood floor in the living room, it makes the level in bathroom lower than living room, as we plan to remodel bathroom soon, I want to know how difficult to raise the pipe in bathroom (toilet and bathtub).

Thanks.
        I would leave the tub alone...you don't want to open up that can of worms, unless you're doing a full remodel of the bathroom.

But if you're going to put really nice hardwood down..do you really want to remodel your bathroom later, and potentially scratch up that hardwood? Plus your new tub might not line up to where you stopped the hardwood floor to the old tub.

The toilet would be the easiest to raise with extension flanges.

Comment

Working...
        X