Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Homemade Twin Ell Fitting

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    I suspect one of the reasons they are not built into the Grohes is European valves are designed with much lower pressures and are less likely to overwhelm the shower-head. As I recall a lot of their stuff (European) is designed for pressures under 40 psi.

Mark

BTW: Today's project is to replace my regulator. Brenda says the relief valve has been leaking for weeks so I checked and the house-pressure is 160 psi.

Indeed. In Europe anything over 30 lbs is pretty rare.
    sigpic

Comment

Here is a look into the inlet of the twin ell. Its reduced to a 1/4" water way. I did not ream the copper yet,I just put it together real quick.

Now here is a look into the 3/4 spout connection outlet. Notice the pipe in the middle......thats the inlet directed toward the lift gate of the spout.

Comment

It's funny how different things work in different areas. I was told not only is 30 psi. normal in Europe but sometimes that is to a 5-story building and the upstairs unit might only be 10 psi.

My travel trailer is higher than that.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          It's funny how different things work in different areas. I was told not only is 30 psi. normal in Europe but sometimes that is to a 5-story building and the upstairs unit might only be 10 psi.

My travel trailer is higher than that.

Mark
          So what your saying is if I ever go to europe I need to pack a booster pump

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
            So what your saying is if I ever go to europe I need to pack a booster pump
            Only if you want to wash the shampoo out of your hair. I spent some time in Germany and was shocked at the design of some of their older fixtures.

Mark

Comment

I continuously find myself getting lost on projects in the garage.
              Very resourcefull T-M.

I you ever wished you had more time for another hobby Fergusson's does sell those.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                I continuously find myself getting lost on projects in the garage.
                Very resourcefull T-M.

I you ever wished you had more time for another hobby Fergusson's does sell those.
                Fergy can keep what they have. I consider fergy the plumbers big box store about all they are missing is a door greeter. The roto rooter of the plumbing supply business if you will.

Comment

Fergy can keep what they have. I consider fergy the plumbers big box store about all they are missing is a door greeter. The roto rooter of the plumbing supply business if you will.
                  Wait, your fergy's doesn't have a door greeter? Must be a budget thing.

Mark

Comment

O/K
                    Whatever supply house you want.I'm sure they know how to order.
                    Hell I don't care,order them online yourself and go fishing for the rest of the afternoon.Spend some time with your significant other.
                    I'm just looking out for you newbie.

Thanks Dog

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                      O/K
                      Whatever supply house you want.I'm sure they know how to order.
                      Hell I don't care,order them online yourself and go fishing for the rest of the afternoon.Spend some time with your significant other.
                      I'm just looking out for you newbie.

Thanks Dog
                      Its nice to have a guy with over 5,000 posts take me under his wing and give me advice on spending my time I see you keep it gangster "dog"

Comment

Its nice to have a guy with over 5,000 posts take me under his wing and give me advice on spending my time I see you keep it gangster "dog"
                        ahh what can I say
                        4 posts a day
                        I like it here
                        people take care of each other
                        Welcome to Ridgid

Dog?
                        an old friend I was thanking for letting me borrow his signature (....)

Comment

I have a cast Brass one Kicking around in the Bottom of a Tool Box Somewhere ... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
                            I have a cast Brass one Kicking around in the Bottom of a Tool Box Somewhere ... LOL
                            You know that older brass causes cancer in california

Comment

only if you drink your bath water

prop 65 requires signs and warnings on everything. can't wipe my a$$ without a warning sign

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                                only if you drink your bath water

prop 65 requires signs and warnings on everything. can't wipe my a$$ without a warning sign

rick.
                                That's the REAL reason you got the bidet seat isn't it?

Are there any non-lead-free fittings in your plumbing at home?

Insert joke about lead in the rear here

Comment

Working...
                                X