X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Year old Ruud Water Heaters

I decided to delete my posts and not contribute any longer.
    Last edited by TheMaster; 09-25-2011, 10:44 PM.

Re: 30 Year old Ruud Water Heaters

i can see with the heaters hooked up in series, they don't work as hard.

but the direct connection with copper surprises me that it hasn't rottet out or plugged up.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Still a lot of older (20+) Ruud water heaters in my area. I easily take out 5 or so a year because they are leaking.

I'd say 98% of the water heaters in my area do NOT have dielectric unions.

Comment

On tanks that i have replaced i see more corrosion and build up
        On die elec fittings ...When it is tied with a cop male its clean as the day it went in
        It could be are water

Comment

That would be a real good day, hauling them up and down stairs, by myself! I think it's about time I invest in a aluminum dolly also. That old steel one I use is getting heavier the older I get.
          I'm just cheap....
          Good profit for the day also.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
            Must be national water heater day. I installed three of them today for a profit of 1700.00 after material,fuel and labor paid out. Started at around 9am and finished at 4pm.....20 min lunch!!!
            You must work for one of those chains every one is talking about .

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
              Still a lot of older (20+) Ruud water heaters in my area. I easily take out 5 or so a year because they are leaking.

I'd say 98% of the water heaters in my area do NOT have dielectric unions.
              We have plenty of Tragesor copper core heaters in the nyc area still going strong after an average of fifty years. thats why they went out of business in 1968. product was too well built !

Comment

Today i got a call my hot water tanks leaking maybe my pressure tank to, went out there replaced a bunch of rusted out galvanized. Im sucking air in some where visually inspected the system exposed in basement turned a faucet on"pump from lake sytem" waited for preesure switch to turn on cracked check valve on inlet sid. Replaced galvi poly adapter inch and a quarter replaced bleed off valve replaced check valve, obviously replaced leaking twenty five year old gsw "john wood" electric forty gallon hot water tank. Turned water on, no leaks. Went to next job installed one peice toilet, tested no leaks.

Billed moved on to next job put in prv and cut gyprock to replace frostfree hosebib that froze, billed moved on. Went and took twenty minute ride in fifteen foot aluminum boat did material list for finishing installed water closet took. Demensions for vent on bosch on demand " customer supplied. Finihsing ect. Got home took.son to visit his. Grand father ate dinner went and checked out kitchen expansion local church. Donated time and excess materials that have been in shop for months. Drinking second beer going to bed, sorry wifes sleeping thought some one might care what i did with my seventeen hours awake today. Oh i forgot the three hours driving in total.

Cheers seany

Comment

Must be national water heater day. I installed three of them today for a profit of 1700.00 after material,fuel and labor paid out. Started at around 9am and finished at 4pm.....20 min lunch!!!

And plumbers wonder why people think they charge too much, $240 an hour (net) is up there with doctors and lawyers!

Comment

........................................ due to the improper use of the quote function I hereby remove my post because it is wholly innacurate and directed to the wrong member
                    Last edited by NHMaster3015; 07-31-2011, 02:22 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by themaster View Post
                      i decided to delete my posts and not contribute any longer.
                      really ?
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        really ?
                        I removed the posts I wanted to and now I post limited information. I have hundreds of pics I could post but I'm not for various reasons. How long have you been a licensed plumber?

Comment

Well some folks haven't reason to HIDE their Location ! I live in Ca. and pull Plumbing, Gas, carpentry, Elec. Permits under My Ca. Gen. B License. All nice N legal since 1984 . Doesn't that just frost Your *** ??
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I like seeing your pics Master. Post em. Who gives a rats a$$.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                              Well some folks haven't reason to HIDE their Location ! I live in Ca. and pull Plumbing, Gas, carpentry, Elec. Permits under My Ca. Gen. B License. All nice N legal since 1984 . Doesn't that just frost Your *** ??
                              It is fine with me if you want to be a jack of all trades and a master of none. Posting eveything about yourself including your location is not required to be a member of the forum. I cant help it people want to be me and cant so they decide to interject themselves into my personal and business life with threats and nasty private messages. I cant help there are ignorant,crazy,etc people online that swarm these forums......

Comment

Working...
                              X