Do you take AMEX?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Amex?

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Do you take AMEX?

Thanks.

J.C.
    We take AMEX, Discover, Visa and Mastercard. We use the merchant services through our bank so the transactions are deposited within 24 hours, and the fee without using a card reader is 2.3% per transaction. They say if we invest in wireless card readers we can lower that fee to 1.8% per.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      We take AMEX, Discover, Visa and Mastercard. We use the merchant services through our bank so the transactions are deposited within 24 hours, and the fee without using a card reader is 2.3% per transaction. They say if we invest in wireless card readers we can lower that fee to 1.8% per.
      I'm guessing it's worth the .5% to just let them handle it. Until the volume gets enough maybe.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Do you take AMEX?

Thanks.

J.C.
        I don't take it.I get about four people a year offer up the plastic.
        I'll bet if I was a higher priced plumber with more stops going over $500.00
        they would be putting it on the card.Also I don't charge an up front service call fee.

How about you J.C.?
        How many times they wanna drop it on you?
        Are you getting the service?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          I don't take it.I get about four people a year offer up the plastic.
          I'll bet if I was a higher priced plumber with more stops going over $500.00
          they would be putting it on the card.Also I don't charge an up front service call fee.

How about you J.C.?
          How many times they wanna drop it on you?

Very, very, rarely.

Are you getting the service?
          Not currently. But I need to learn about and consider all things.

J.C.

Comment

I have been accepting Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and debit cards for the last several years now. I will not take American Express.

I remember my father having a lot of problems with Amex in his business. When it came time to start accepting credit cards I didn't like some of the things in the Amex agreement, so I decided not to deal with them.

I'd say under ten people a year ask to use Amex. When they hear I don't except it, they just whip out another credit card. No loss on my part.

Comment

We take all Credit Card payments through Paypal only. Other then that it's cash or check.

Comment

I take um all. Amex is $6.95 a month and thats it. All others are 2% per swipe and a $20 min a month. Well worth it. I try and push the Amex because there is no fees besides the $6.95 a month.
                You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Either cash or Backed goods.
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Visa/MC, cash or check.
                    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

no AMEX here very very rare to be asked for it and my quickbooks credit card deal made a big deal about the set up so I just passed I have other things to do with my time like post on the forum lol
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

cash or check.

rarely have a problem.

occaisionally have to take payments on larger jobs/cash strapped customers.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

we take everything and use a wireless terminal, Wouldnt get rid of it. I think its 1.62 percent

Comment

Visa, Amex and master card. I find people like using their credit cards for the air miles. Gave a guy a quote for a boiler replace in a car wash, he got 2 other prices and we were the high one (Didn't say by how much) Since we were the only ones who took AMEX he went with us.
                            West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                            Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
                              Visa, Amex and master card. I find people like using their credit cards for the air miles. Gave a guy a quote for a boiler replace in a car wash, he got 2 other prices and we were the high one (Didn't say by how much) Since we were the only ones who took AMEX he went with us.
                              Seems crazy to purchase something more expensive on the card to get air miles or cash back, it is always in the 1-2% range in actual value (what they can get from the fees). There could be other reasons to take a high bid (accepting any credit card if you don't have the money could make sense); but just for "miles" or whatever seems like a really really poor financial decision to me.

Also, in relation to the original question. If someone says they don't take Discover (my preferred card w/ 1% cash back), I've got a Visa (with 1% cash back) right behind it, and an AMEX with some pitiful amount of cash back behind that.

Comment

Working...
                              X