Final inspections , got a break

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final inspections , got a break

2 weeks ago Plumbing insp. said "install vacuum breaker on hand held shower ,I'll trust You". Today Elec. Insp. says" fix these few items, I'll swing by at days end" She did ,and signed off. No $170.00
    Add. inspection fee,on each. I found 2 Humans ! I gave back on way home. Poor guy broken down, Junker overheated. Got Him water,
    Gave Him $20.00.This guy had nothing! We are all so blessed.I hope
    someone will pass this on. Grateful Son
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Final inspections , got a break

When I was at my first duty station in the airforce all i could afford was this old motorcycle.It waited to break down untill I was in the worst neighborhood in St Petersburg Fl. Feeling doomed if I tried for help close by (remember pay phones?) I started to push my bike in the direction of the next exit in a good 'hood. (3 odd miles a least) and damn if 3 giant strangers in 2 pickup trucks didn't pull over ,toss my big broken down bike in the back (They didn't know each other) and get me home alive! I have always carried that and pass on help when I can.
    Last edited by Jay Mpls; 09-07-2010, 11:01 PM. Reason: cant spel

Comment

When I was in New York for the Desert Storm parade, me and 2 of my buddies went to little Italy for a nice Italian meal in uniform (we had to be). This guy came up to us while we were eating our meal..handed each of us a $100.00 bill and paid for our entire meals and drinks. I was so overwhelmed, as I couldn't find the right words to say except "thank you".

That moment stands out the most for me, and I will never forget it for as long as I live. That moment taught me right there how nice it is to give back and help others, and I do it to this day. I refuse to accept any money for strangers I help.
      Last edited by Flux; 09-08-2010, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
        When I was in New York for the Desert Storm parade, me and 2 of my buddies went to little Italy for a nice Italian meal in uniform (we had to be). This guy came up to us while we were eating our meal..handed each of us a $100.00 bill and paid for our entire meals and drinks. I was so overwhelmed, as I couldn't find the right words to say except "thank you".

That moment stands out the most for me, and I will never forget it for as long as I live. That moment taught me right there how nice it is to give back and help others, and I do it to this day. I refuse to accept any money for strangers I help.
        That's awesome! Thanks for Your service! Semper Fi !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
        X