Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Natural Gas Explosion San Bruno Ca.

Many homes gone,This is close to SFO. Pix on News are like nothing I've seen before !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Huge Natural Gas Explosion San Bruno Ca.

Another one found while looking for yours tool. Pay your bill, call the plumber, & don't F with the gas.

J.C.

Los Angeles – A catastrophic gas explosion blew the roof off a South Los Angeles building early Friday, leaving one worker clinging to life and a second man dead by electrocution outside, fire officials said.

Investigators found evidence that someone illegally tapped the welding and paint company's gas line with copper piping that bypassed a disconnected meter and pressure regulators, filling the structure with combustible gas.

"The gas had been shut off Thursday due to non-payment. Someone then jury-rigged it. This could very well turn into a criminal investigation," Capt. Steve Ruda of the Los Angeles Fire Department told the Daily News.

Officials initially reported that the first victim, thought to be the company owner, died from his blast injuries. Ruda later said the man was in critical condition with severe burns at a nearby hospital.

He was “blown from the inside to the outside” of the fiery wreckage, Ruda said.

Responders found the second victim under a nearby vehicle and transported him to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.

“He was electrocuted trying to move his truck. A 34,500-volt power line fell on the truck, and he didn’t know the vehicle was energized,” Ruda said.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, and search dogs combed the smoldering rubble for other victims without finding any, Ruda said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz0z5ciZ6Vh

Comment

JC ,This is on a much larger scale. It is a gas transmission line.
      After 1 1/2 hrs We are guessing 40 homes are gone ! May burn for 2 more days. Flames are jumping from home to home. No one knows
      much of anything for sure yet! Please say some prayers,this is all in a heavily populated neighborhood.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        JC ,This is on a much larger scale. It is a gas transmission line.
        After 1 1/2 hrs We are guessing 40 homes are gone ! May burn for 2 more days. Flames are jumping from home to home. No one knows
        much of anything for sure yet! Please say some prayers,this is all in a heavily populated neighborhood.
        Very sorry to hear. Googling news doesn't show much yet. Information coming slow.

Thinking of you all out West.

J.C.

Comment

Looks to be a 24" 1948 texas high pressure gas line. It is close to a gas station. FBI terrorism task force on site. Tomorrow should bring
          some more news.

Comment

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BADP1FBJRS.DTL
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

This Morn news. Largest Gas explosion and damage in history.
              So far 6 dead 53 homes gone at least another 120 severely damaged. One man interviewed said the following on tv.
              " For 3 weeks,We've been complaining to PG&E of strong gas smells in our neighborhood. THEY DID NOTHING !!!!!.
              Fires back fed from 24" Main into all the homes.

Comment

This Morn news. Largest Gas explosion and damage in history.
                So far 6 dead 53 homes gone at least another 120 severely damaged. One man interviewed said the following on tv.
                " For 3 weeks,We've been complaining to PG&E of strong gas smells in our neighborhood. THEY DID NOTHING !!!!!.
                Fires back fed from 24" Main into all the homes.

Comment

NBC news is now reporting PG&E internal document shows company and Govt. regulators knew that the pipeline was in danger of failing but they had no plans of replacing it for another 3 years, though their own experts determined it represented an unacceptable high risk of failure. NICE, PG&E ! FOUND YOUR PHONE CALL RECORDS YET? The neighbors are checking theirs! At least the ones alive are!

Comment

one of my plumbers lives a couple block aways from this his home is still standing... PG&E has some explaining to do!

Comment

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
                      one of my plumbers lives a couple block aways from this his home is still standing... PG&E has some explaining to do!
                      Glad He's OK. Yes They ,And the FEDS have some Splainin to do

Comment

the whole infrastructure in this country is in bad shape. no one wants to pay. me neither. no money. except for wars. if you want your gas pipes fixed, give jurisdiction to the defense dept. not the corp of engineers. lol. breid..............

Comment

Working...
                        X