Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roots on street side of running curb trap S.F.

Pulled about 8 ft of roots after curb trap. Great customer .
    In the future is this a city maintenance responsibility ? City tree,
    between curb and street sewer. Of course They may wait a while for the city to respond! Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Roots on street side of running curb trap S.F.

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Pulled about 8 ft of roots after curb trap. Great customer .
    In the future is this a city maintenance responsibility ? City tree,
    between curb and street sewer. Of course They may wait a while for the city to respond! Thanks Tool
    It all depends on the city. Some towns here will take responsibly after the sidewalk, others after the curb, and most will only take responsibility for the stub.

The ones that will take responsibility of the home owners sewer usually will only repair it if you can not get the line open, or if it plugs up more than 2 to 3 times in a year.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

What's green and sleeps 4 ?? S.f. Sewer dist. Crew cab
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        What's green and sleeps 4 ?? S.f. Sewer dist. Crew cab
        Ha! good one Tool

Here, it's the homeowners responsibility to clear the sewer ALL the way out to the main. Even though no one here really owns their front yard. City property goes all the way to your front door.

BUT..... if a 'licensed plumber' can't clear it the sewer, we file a Sewer Report with the city (done over the phone) Water & Sewer Authority will dig it up and replace it within 24 hours.

Comment

Up date. S.f. sewer dept. policy. Your tree at curb,You fix roots after running trap. City tree they fix. Stand up Guys, good attitudes. 2 shifts to clear sewers. I will have customers call them for free root service in future. They May kick back $175.00 I charged. I know, I just cut Myself out! It's all bread on the water !

Comment

Working...
          X