X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saniflo toilet install

Nice to see there's not any blue glue showing....

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
      What slight "uphill" on the waste????????? Its a pump and in this installation it pumps approx. 12' up before it gravity drains. I dont understand how that would fail if S.F. would accept the system as a whole.
      My apology , never saw one of those before. S.F. in addition to the U.P.C. Has many amendments to the code. It looks like a great unit
      I just know how difficult they are. I'll call the Plumb. Dept and get an answer today or tomorrow.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by VTPLUMBER View Post
        Nice to see there's not any blue glue showing....
        I typically use Blue glue for a reason and on this job there was not a need for it and cosmetics was a concern. Its ugly enough as it comes. The red ball valve handle was eventually painted white also by the painter.

What made the install difficult was the room its located in is very small.
        Once the discharge starts to rise it must continue to its peak height and then gravity drain. You cant run it up/down/up etc. on your way to the gravity drain.

OK now the ROOF in that section of the home over the bathroom was almost lower than the gravity drain I was connecting to and 2 ton a.c. was laying down horizontal filling the space. very difficult to gain access to run the pipe. I had to remove a section of the ceiling and it was 3/4 tongue&groove pine with plywood under that.

Comment

You know how I know a homeowner did a job? They dry fit the PVC and mark the pipe and fittings to line them back up. sorry I had to say it. I know others were thinking it. O.K. maybe I was the only one thinking it. Fine job and I do kid.

I've installed 2 of these and never heard a complaint yet. I hope it stays that way.
          Last edited by saysflushable; 09-22-2010, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
            You know how I know a homeowner did a job? They dry fit the PVC and mark the pipe and fittings to line them back up. sorry I had to say it. I know others were thinking it. O.K. maybe I was the only one thinking it. Fine job and I do kid.

I've installed 2 of these and never heard a complaint yet. I hope it stays that way.
            Have to confess I've done this. Especially when I've had a "PVC Tree". Several lines coming together at different angles from vertical to horizontal in say.... a basement.

By the way, no purple primer. Cut it all out.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post

How do you feel about marking a line on the pipe as a reference so you can Make sure the pipe bottoms out in the hub? Is that considered "homeowner"? I realize its just an opinion...feel free to elaborate on your experiences.

Comment

marking the pipe and socket depth is a requirement for propress

the fittings slip together so easy that you need to have a reference mark to verify the fitting is still bottomed out.

abs and pvc can actually be much tricker than no-hub. with no-hub you can re-adjust a completed joint and tweak it. plastic you bought it.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

After all these years,I eyeball it all. Don't use a pencil ,or tape!
                  All fits like a glove.
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

after 30 years and 30,000 or so pvc joints I don't mark them either but that don't mean squat. If you're not comfortable, them by all means grab the sharpie
                    sigpic

Comment

Of coarse I mark a pipe if I have to. I said it's a fine job.

Comment

Working...
                      X