X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saniflo toilet install

I installed this saniflo sanibest system a couple months back. It has the ability to pump an entire bathroom group.

In this installation I'm only using one of the two extra connection ports for a lavatory on the opposite side of the room.

You can see the floor patch in the pics where I remoced the old flange and poured the pipe full of concrete. The existing line had failed. The owner wanted an upflush toilet and to connect to a seperate building drain overhead.

The saniflow toilet does have some restrictions regarding the installation of the 3/4" pvc drain from the unit.

They give cheap platic anchors to mount the bowl to the floor...I chose to lead my bolts into the floor.

Here are a few pics. Enjoy

Re: Saniflo toilet install

Then I went out on the pier and chilled with this bird.

Comment

You sir are indeed a Master.... Your craftsmanship and attention to detail is unparralleled please keep posting pics of your fine work I as well as others can see the right way things should be done!

Comment

That is some nasty hack work!

Just kidding man. looks good!

Comment

looks good TM.Clean pipes.
          How noisy is the maserator.
          How do they get the electrical protected per code? Is it as easy as a simple GFI?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            looks good TM.Clean pipes.
            How noisy is the maserator.
            How do they get the electrical protected per code? Is it as easy as a simple GFI?
            Thanks,the macerator is kinda noisy but it works well. That toilet got used about 500 times in one night shortly after I installed it. The owner said it worked perfectly. Thats the sanibest model and is rated for light commercial use. Basically what they mean by light commercial is that it will eat a few tampons and still operate.
            The electrical is a GFI just like you say.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
              Thanks,the macerator is kinda noisy but it works well. That toilet got used about 500 times in one night shortly after I installed it. The owner said it worked perfectly. Thats the sanibest model and is rated for light commercial use. Basically what they mean by light commercial is that it will eat a few tampons and still operate.
              The electrical is a GFI just like you say.
              Thanks,
              Guess I should work on my spelling Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                Thanks,
                Guess I should work on my spelling Huh?
                maserator,macerator,PITA ......all are about the same to me. Thats toilet was a biotch to install to their instructions. I thought I bid the job high.....turns out I bid it correctly. Thats the first one I've installed and I always bid high with new stuff that the OWNER wants. I wanted to install a grinder pump with a control/alarm panel.

Comment

Nice looking job TM, but filling the old flange with concrete is not a code legal thing
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    Nice looking job TM, but filling the old flange with concrete is not a code legal thing
                    The old flange was removed.

Please explain why Patching the floor with concrete is "Not Code" I'm all ears.
                    Should I have patched the concrete floor with wood?

The pipe that was filled with concrete is NOT connected to a septic system or the city sewage.....its a dead pipe.
                    Last edited by TheMaster; 09-21-2010, 10:29 AM.

Comment

The old flange was removed.

Please explain why Patching the floor with concrete is "Not Code" I'm all ears.
                      Should I have patched the concrete floor with wood?

The pipe that was filled with concrete is NOT connected to a septic system or the city sewage.....its a dead pipe.
                      Well, Ok then, you didn't say that in the OP did ya You know I live to rag on you baby
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                        Well, Ok then, you didn't say that in the OP did ya You know I live to rag on you baby
                        Theres a studor under the lavatory too.

Comment

Theres a studor under the lavatory too.
                          Don't think my sharp eye didn't see that chrome supply line you ran. You knew I would be looking over your shoulder
                          sigpic

Comment

Doubt the S.F. inspectors would accept that unit.
                            I'd also fail with the slight uphill on the waste. Maybe it's camera angle. Good to know about that unit for County plumbing, Thanks
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                              Doubt the S.F. inspectors would accept that unit.
                              I'd also fail with the slight uphill on the waste. Maybe it's camera angle. Good to know about that unit for County plumbing, Thanks

What slight "uphill" on the waste????????? Its a pump and in this installation it pumps approx. 12' up before it gravity drains. I dont understand how that would fail if S.F. would accept the system as a whole.

Comment

Working...
                              X