Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Back outlet toilet

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post

You use a regular flange that just happens to be mounted on the wall. Make sure you use a wax impregnated felt ring and not a wax ring with a little felt inside it. You'll be glad in a year or so when you don't have a leak you're responsible for.
    Agreed! Learnt the hard way on this one.

Comment

See..That's what I mean.If Duravit would provide a installation manual on their
      HAPPY D. # 017009
      I could see if that was a carrier designed toiled.

I don't see why a floor mount needs one.

What am I missing

Add:
      Except of course a height for outlet
      Last edited by drtyhands; 09-21-2010, 07:41 AM.

Comment

We have a few floor mount rear outlets here..They Just sit on the floor and have a reg flange on the wall
        Most are on septic tanks , it gives the the flusher of slow septic lines a advantage by draining up higher, than a standard com

Comment

If the owners wanted something different you can still buy Case toilets but be ready to spend $$$$ for them

I was pretty impressed with the last case wall hung I worked on... The guts are all brass and I think they are about a 4 gallon flush

Comment

Go here and click on the Technical Drawings below the picture.

http://www.duravit.com/products/seri...seo6q3rqe.html

There are several options & measurements in mm that you can convert if needed.

They show multiple ways to connect it with a dimension on each.

If I run into something similar I make them order it and have it on the job at the rough-in because I don't even trust the drawings.

On a side note, this looks like some "I wanna' be different than you and you not have it B.S."

Good luck A.

J.C.

Comment

I believe the Duravit floor mounted rear outlet height is 8", but I haven't installed one in a few years, it would be my first choice for a rear outlet floor mount tank type toilet, though I prefer the Duravit concealed tank toilets.

Comment

this should be great. any odd or custom stuff costs extra and all the time expended dinking with it is compensated. just me. breid...............

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

I'm with Rick on this subject though, Floor mounting with a rear outlet doesn't make any sense to me plumbingwise and gains the owner zero advantage over a standard toilet.

J.C.
                  I rough-in / install floor set, rear outlet toilets when I have a situation where a toilet will be located on a floor constructed of 2x6's. To maintain structural integrity of the framing I try and keep cutting and drilling joists to a minimum. The reason really doesn't have anything to do with plumbing per se.
                  Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I have often wondered about your toilet pans (W/c) as you call them and if you used P pans (back outlet toilets) as all I have seen are S pans through the floor on this forum we use wall hung P traped pans where the pan is bolted to the wall but most are screwed to the floor with a meriod of pvc connectors sold with the toilet pan to accommodate most situations either through the floor or wall and your wax seals must be a pain in the A+++ where we use a pvc pan collar with a rubber seal which the pan outlet is pushed into.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                      I have often wondered about your toilet pans (W/c) as you call them and if you used P pans (back outlet toilets) as all I have seen are S pans through the floor on this forum we use wall hung P traped pans where the pan is bolted to the wall but most are screwed to the floor with a meriod of pvc connectors sold with the toilet pan to accommodate most situations either through the floor or wall and your wax seals must be a pain in the A+++ where we use a pvc pan collar with a rubber seal which the pan outlet is pushed into.

Tony
                      toto toilets are floor mount with the rubber seal on the high end toilet with the plastic sub flange assy. not a bad set up, but the footprint puts us very close to hitting the rear wall and our angle stops that are standard 6'' high and 6'' left of center.

i think it's time for an exchange student program

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

PASS on this Guy , What's next ceiling mount ?
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Killertoiletspider View Post
                          I believe the Duravit floor mounted rear outlet height is 8", but I haven't installed one in a few years, it would be my first choice for a rear outlet floor mount tank type toilet, though I prefer the Duravit concealed tank toilets.
                          Holy Smokes,
                          KTS on a high speed flyby.
                          8" saves the day bigtime.

Thanks,good to hear from you.

Been doing any 50 cal. hole punching this summer.

Comment

Working...
                          X