X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweetgum Tree vs. Case 580M

The Sweetgum got a few good shots in and even knocked out a tooth but it eventually went to tree heaven

Re: Sweetgum Tree vs. Case 580M

WOW that shank is messed up!!! Bucket is gonna need a whole new floor!

Comment

Yea, new digging edge and shanks + labor is about $600

Comment

You can see how tough that fiber is. Now I know sweet Gum!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

need a 12" bucket for My massey Ferg. 50 HX
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
            WOW that shank is messed up!!! Bucket is gonna need a whole new floor!
            Nope, I do just the shank, and a new tooth all the time, if the lip is cracked, carbon arc out and weld it up.

Comment

Originally posted by TozziWelding View Post
              Nope, I do just the shank, and a new tooth all the time, if the lip is cracked, carbon arc out and weld it up.
              Too bad you are 3 hours away Tozzi cuz my father woulod have some work for you!! Hard to find a decent welder around here! Too many primadonas that arent half as good as they think they are!

Comment

As a pile buck, I did a lot of carbon arc. Never want to see one again!
                Toss ever cut down a 2' bucket to make a 12" one ?

Comment

Ran into some tough ones Bill. Don't remember yanking a tooth like that unless it was rock. TapRoot?

J.C.

Comment

The shank tore the digging edge out with it.... The metal where the shank goes is gone.

So it is time to rebuild the whole digging edge of the bucket

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      Ran into some tough ones Bill. Don't remember yanking a tooth like that unless it was rock. TapRoot?

J.C.
                      Just one tuff a$$ tree...lol

The Sweetgum has a really tuff rootball, This tree was about 50 years old and had a fibrous root system, most of the main roots were 6"-8" in diameter and would literally have the Backhoe lifting itself off the ground.

It took 5 hours to dig this bugger up...

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                        Too bad you are 3 hours away Tozzi cuz my father woulod have some work for you!! Hard to find a decent welder around here! Too many primadonas that arent half as good as they think they are!
                        Next time I am at my aunts in western MA I will PM you.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          As a pile buck, I did a lot of carbon arc. Never want to see one again!
                          Toss ever cut down a 2' bucket to make a 12" one ?
                          Bring it up and I will fix you right up, I have been widening plows for all the DOT plow guys so your job will be a piece of cake.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                            The shank tore the digging edge out with it.... The metal where the shank goes is gone.

So it is time to rebuild the whole digging edge of the bucket
                            If you can get the whole lip with shanks from Case, that is usually the way to go. After you buy a piece of AR400, or T1, shanks, teeth and pay the welder, the factory part is cheaper.

Comment

If you can get the whole lip with shanks from Case, that is usually the way to go. After you buy a piece of AR400, or T1, shanks, teeth and pay the welder, the factory part is cheaper.
                              Have a nice piece of AR 400 to make a thumb. Been looking at it 2 years!

Comment

Working...
                              X