X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More well talk

Funny haven't messed with wells since the 70s. Family bought about 1 acre with a run down home 1 1/2 years ago. they have 3 sheep and 2 goats. Land is bone dry. Want to plant Yard and garden.
    They're in luck! they have a well in a 10'x8' metal shed.
    I'm guessing 60 year old hand dug, 6ft Dia. well. All brick lined. about 14 ft to water, and 7ft of water deph in this drought. That's about 1500 Gals. I'll pump it out 1st to see the recovery rate. then a shallow well pump and tank. Old one rusted out. Fun project, they are thrilled.PS No cross contamination, separate from city water of course! I explained the seriousness of this to them. It's nice the hard labors of the WW2 folks are still giving !
    Last edited by toolaholic; 09-26-2010, 11:45 PM. Reason: spelin
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: More well talk

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Funny haven't messed with wells since the 70s. Family bought about 1 acre with a run down home 1 1/2 years ago. they have 3 sheep and 2 goats. Land is bone dry. Want to plant Yard and garden.
    They're in luck! they have a well in a 10'x8' metal shed.
    I'm guessing 60 year old hand dug, 6ft Dia. well. All brick lined. about 14 ft to water, and 7ft of water deph in this drought. That's about 1500 Gals. I'll pump it out 1st to see the recovery rate. then a shallow well pump and tank. Old one rusted out. Fun project, they are thrilled.PS No cross contamination, separate from city water od course! I explained the seriousness of this to them. It's nice the hard labors of the WW2 folks are still giving !
    That's why I have a hard time understanding some third world countries not doing the same thing to begin creating a modern/clean civilization.

J.C.

Comment

That's why I have a hard time understanding some third world countries not doing the same thing to begin creating a modern/clean civilization.
      It might be because in some places you can't find surface water. I always said, for a Well Driller, it's different everywhere you go. No two jobs are alike.
      Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by speedbump View Post
        It might be because in some places you can't find surface water. I always said, for a Well Driller, it's different everywhere you go. No two jobs are alike.

The folks that hand dug and lined wells are My hero's. Many times it was at night with a lantern, shovel and bucket! I'm spoiled rotten!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

The folks that hand dug and lined wells are My hero's. Many times it was at night with a lantern, shovel and bucket! I'm spoiled rotten!
          I agree, they worked for everything they had back then. Today, we have it too easy.

Comment

Today our demand for water is much higher.

People want lots of water and water pressure.

We have installed many systems that have more value than the home they supply.

Comment

Yeah, but we have a thankless job Pandi. They never appreciate us. All they do is complain about the Invoice. I think I'll eat a worm!

Comment

Originally posted by speedbump View Post
                Yeah, but we have a thankless job Pandi. They never appreciate us. All they do is complain about the Invoice. I think I'll eat a worm!
                Lol.....

Comment

Working...
                X