X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing and existing well pump

Again, this is an existing old brick lined well. to replace pump and motor shouldn't require a permit,should it ? this is not connected to home,for garden and a few animals. My fears In this Yuppie town the
    inspector could have her cap this great recourse! They are over the top in abusing their powers,worse than S.F. It's their 1 st Lil home,
    with expensive $800,000 houses towering over Her Little Homestead with a few sheep and Goats.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Replacing and existing well pump

I have no idea how things work in CA.

In MA, the inspectors have a no clue and it varies town to town. If a well isn't in use technically it needs to be filled in. So having a pump in it for 'irrigation' allows the well the be kept indefinitely.

Comment

Here in Florida, they haven't done the pump thing yet. They only inspect new wells and their equipment installs. Once in, you can practically do anything you want. Including calling some yahoo from the subdivision who doesn't know a pump from a Harley to fix it for them.
      Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Already the neighbors are complaining !Their Little yappy white dogs good! Goats and sheep BAAAAD!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Don't get me going on "Little yappy white dogs". I live in a newer development out of 12 homes surrounding me there are 9 dogs. The two worst offenders are "Little yappy white dogs". Owners are clueless, city won't do anything and I work from home so I get to hear them all day. I think I need to move back out to the country.

As for the well, fix it on the QT.
          Last edited by NW Diver; 09-30-2010, 03:09 PM.
          Charles

Comment

Pulling a permit on this one is asking for trouble. The goverment is making a bid to seize all water rights. This way if you have a spring, wet marsh, pond etc, on your land, it will no longer be yours and you will not be able to use the water without paying the goverment for it - even if they will let you use it at all. This has already taken affect on my brother's property in Big Bear, CA. He is no longer allowed to use water from a natural spring that runs through to supply his vacation cabin.

Consider the "endangered" river delta smelt that has resulted in water being cut to a massive area of central, CA.

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission on this one. Perhaps you could be "repairing" the existing plumbing system and consider it grandfathered or just leave it alone.

http://www.rense.com/general80/cpn.htm - Link on efforts to control all water at US goverment level.
            Last edited by Dakota; 09-30-2010, 02:55 AM.

Comment

No permit would be needed in Michigan.

Call you country and just ask. Don't tell them who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota View Post
                Pulling a permit on this one is asking for trouble. The goverment is making a bid to seize all water rights. This way if you have a spring, wet marsh, pond etc, on your land, it will no longer be yours and you will not be able to use the water without paying the goverment for it - even if they will let you use it at all. This has already taken affect on my brother's property in Big Bear, CA. He is no longer allowed to use water from a natural spring that runs through to supply his vacation cabin.

Consider the "endangered" river delta smelt that has resulted in water being cut to a massive area of central, CA.

Better to ask for forgiveness than permission on this one. Perhaps you could be "repairing" the existing plumbing system and consider it grandfathered or just leave it alone.

http://www.rense.com/general80/cpn.htm - Link on efforts to control all water at US goverment level.
                Being a kid in the 50s was wonderful! We had No $$ , and We had a ball, Neighbors all helped each other. No BIG GOVT ! Hand dug well,chickens,rabbits, Goat,Geese,Huge garden, Lots of love from 2 parents! NO $$ NO PROBLEM
                Last edited by toolaholic; 09-30-2010, 12:31 PM. Reason: More Good Memorys

Comment

Originally posted by NW Diver View Post
                  Don't get me going on "Littley yappy white dogs". I live in a newer development out of 12 homes surrounding me there are 9 dogs. The two worst offenders are "Little yappy white dogs". Owners are clueless, city won't do anything and I work from home so I get to hear them all day. I think I need to move back out to the country.

As for the well, fix it on the QT.
                  Give Me an address, I'll swing by with My wood chipper !

Comment

That and a few other idea's have crossed my mind.
                    Charles

Comment

dogs are good to eat. cook em like a coon, rabbit or cat. buy some "doggie bullets" cci cb's .22's. they are sub sonic. or use a pellet rifle. open window a little. stand back away from window. hammer them. i usually cut a cross on bullet. gives em religion and causes bullet to deform. alot harder do ballistics on it. wrap rifle in a garbage bag. no powder on your body. just a thought. breid....................

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        Being a kid in the 50s was wonderful! We had No $$ , and We had a ball, Neighbors all helped each other. No BIG GOVT ! Hand dug well,chickens,rabbits, Goat,Geese,Huge garden, Lots of love from 2 parents! NO $$ NO PROBLEM
                        I know what you mean. I was raised as a kid in North Dakota and Minnesota. Mom dragged me out to California for the nice weather and all. I had such a great time out here growing up I never thought it would happen, but I now long for the good old days in the Midwest. California has gone way off the rails. I just want to farm!!! I relate more with people who work the land than people working the system. Farming and mining are dirty words out here. Few people understand that all the material items they own - all their trinkets and gadgets are either farmed or mined from the ground. Farming and mining are not "Environmentally Correct" apparently.

Comment

dakota. head over to the ocean, put your back to it. the interstate where the traffic is going away. well that is the one you want. when you get to okie city take a left. you are home free. i went to little rock. took a left ended up in hickville, indiana. hope i helped. breid.........................

Comment

Lived in Marin County for a quarter century and left five years ago, fed up. Here's the fantasy: everybody should live and let live, what happens on my property is my business, and on and on.

Now the reality: With one of every five neighbors an attorney, and one of every three neighbors millionaire or multi-millionaire, the Golden Rule applies: the guy with the gold makes the rules. You can stand there in court with all the proper papers, having done everything exactly right and hear the judge say, "Guilty." That's just how it works. It happened to me.

Here's how a friend did it: Sunday morning, around five, he assembled a bunch of us and we quietly constructed a project. That was in 1988, and it still stands to this day. His cost was around ten grand, without government approval. With government approval, it would have cost ten to fifteen times that, if it were allowed at all. They can make you re-pave the street in front of your site, replace sewer, storm and water mains. all in return for the coveted building permit. I'm not making this up.

So, the pump issue? I think next Sunday morning it could be taken care of, quietly, quickly, before the neighbors are back from their run on Tam and their latte at Peet's. Just my two to three cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Western Reserve View Post
                              Lived in Marin County for a quarter century and left five years ago, fed up. Here's the fantasy: everybody should live and let live, what happens on my property is my business, and on and on.

Now the reality: With one of every five neighbors an attorney, and one of every three neighbors millionaire or multi-millionaire, the Golden Rule applies: the guy with the gold makes the rules. You can stand there in court with all the proper papers, having done everything exactly right and hear the judge say, "Guilty." That's just how it works. It happened to me.

Here's how a friend did it: Sunday morning, around five, he assembled a bunch of us and we quietly constructed a project. That was in 1988, and it still stands to this day. His cost was around ten grand, without government approval. With government approval, it would have cost ten to fifteen times that, if it were allowed at all. They can make you re-pave the street in front of your site, replace sewer, storm and water mains. all in return for the coveted building permit. I'm not making this up.

So, the pump issue? I think next Sunday morning it could be taken care of, quietly, quickly, before the neighbors are back from their run on Tam and their latte at Peet's. Just my two to three cents.
                              In Michigan we do not need a permit for a pump. Just not sure of the codes in all states.

Comment

Working...
                              X