Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

T&p?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • T&p?

    Where do you pipe your T&P when the W/H is under a sink?

    Thanks.


    J.C.

  • #2
    Re: T&p?

    condensate pump dumped back up into sink
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: T&p?

      Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      condensate pump dumped back up into sink
      I don't know about that one tool.
      How would an illegally installed undercounter waterheater T+P blowing off at full volume be kept up with by a condensate pump.

      I think that is why the code states we need to get them piped to the outside.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: T&p?

        i'll assume it's an electric heater. out here if the heater was installed prior to the enforcement of t & p valves, the heater is in the middle of the room/ not on an exterior wall, then a variance could be issued. the cost of the variance is expensive, but it basically releases the city and plumber from liability.

        same scenario on a gas heater. but a watts #210 could be substitute for the t&p. problem is the city of la banned their use years ago.

        rick
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: T&p?

          Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          I don't know about that one tool.
          How would an illegally installed undercounter waterheater T+P blowing off at full volume be kept up with by a condensate pump.

          I think that is why the code states we need to get them piped to the outside.
          Thanks Adam, I had My doubts on that also !
          If someone else posted that,I woulda Jumped all over them !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: T&p?

            On the other hand, You could use a 3 phase 5 H.P. condensate pump!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: T&p?

              Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              i'll assume it's an electric heater. out here if the heater was installed prior to the enforcement of t & p valves, the heater is in the middle of the room/ not on an exterior wall, then a variance could be issued. the cost of the variance is expensive, but it basically releases the city and plumber from liability.

              same scenario on a gas heater. but a watts #210 could be substitute for the t&p. problem is the city of la banned their use years ago.

              rick
              Kind of what's going on. They want a small heater under a kitchen counter in a commercial setting. (Maybe 10 gallon). No way to get a T&P out anywhere.

              I think our "easier but not necessarily better" IPC only requires it to terminate in a "visible place by occupants...."

              Thanks.


              J.C.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: T&p?

                Punch a hole in the wall and put it outside

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: T&p?

                  Originally posted by TozziWelding View Post
                  Punch a hole in the wall and put it outside
                  Can't. Think of being in the middle of a room with a slab floor.

                  J.C.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: T&p?

                    Doooohhhhh

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: T&p?

                      Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      On the other hand, You could use a 3 phase 5 H.P. condensate pump!
                      Like our 2000 gallon condensate recovery tank that sends it back to the powerhouse boilers, and that is only for one building.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X