X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T&p?

Where do you pipe your T&P when the W/H is under a sink?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: T&p?

condensate pump dumped back up into sink
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      condensate pump dumped back up into sink
      I don't know about that one tool.
      How would an illegally installed undercounter waterheater T+P blowing off at full volume be kept up with by a condensate pump.

I think that is why the code states we need to get them piped to the outside.

Comment

i'll assume it's an electric heater. out here if the heater was installed prior to the enforcement of t & p valves, the heater is in the middle of the room/ not on an exterior wall, then a variance could be issued. the cost of the variance is expensive, but it basically releases the city and plumber from liability.

same scenario on a gas heater. but a watts #210 could be substitute for the t&p. problem is the city of la banned their use years ago.

rick
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          I don't know about that one tool.
          How would an illegally installed undercounter waterheater T+P blowing off at full volume be kept up with by a condensate pump.

I think that is why the code states we need to get them piped to the outside.
          Thanks Adam, I had My doubts on that also !
          If someone else posted that,I woulda Jumped all over them !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

On the other hand, You could use a 3 phase 5 H.P. condensate pump!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              i'll assume it's an electric heater. out here if the heater was installed prior to the enforcement of t & p valves, the heater is in the middle of the room/ not on an exterior wall, then a variance could be issued. the cost of the variance is expensive, but it basically releases the city and plumber from liability.

same scenario on a gas heater. but a watts #210 could be substitute for the t&p. problem is the city of la banned their use years ago.

rick
              Kind of what's going on. They want a small heater under a kitchen counter in a commercial setting. (Maybe 10 gallon). No way to get a T&P out anywhere.

I think our "easier but not necessarily better" IPC only requires it to terminate in a "visible place by occupants...."

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Punch a hole in the wall and put it outside

Comment

Originally posted by TozziWelding View Post
                  Punch a hole in the wall and put it outside
                  Can't. Think of being in the middle of a room with a slab floor.

J.C.

Comment

Doooohhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      On the other hand, You could use a 3 phase 5 H.P. condensate pump!
                      Like our 2000 gallon condensate recovery tank that sends it back to the powerhouse boilers, and that is only for one building.

Comment

Working...
                      X