X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WELL, I like the grundfos JPS4 well pump

Stainless 1 hp $458.87 230V or I could use the 1/2 HP one. Either one i can use with out a tank for shallow well. This was recommended Be a local Well co. Any Thoughts ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: WELL, I like the grundfos JPS4 well pump

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Stainless 1 hp $458.87 230V or I could use the 1/2 HP one. Either one i can use with out a tank for shallow well. This was recommended Be a local Well co. Any Thoughts ?
    I don't care for stainless housings. I don't have any good data to offer you as an argument against them however. It is more me just stomping my feet and saying cast iron is better because that's what I've grown up using.

Comment

Get a goulds or a F&W. I have a dumpster filled with Grundfos well pumps gone bad
      sigpic

Comment

I really like the Sta-Rite jet pumps, alot of bang for the buck and never had a call back on one.

Comment

GOULDS J10S IT IS ! Should I add a 32 gal flexcon tank. Open shallow cistern about 1500 gals now in the driest season. Dedicated for animals and garden only. Just thinking tank
          would make less cycling for motor. Thanks tool
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Yes, add the tank. Pump cycling is the #1 cause of pump failure
            sigpic

Comment

As someone (I think Speedbump) stated before, soooooo many pumps made by Pentair & ITT that are just rebranded. Many or all with the same Franklin electric motor.

So, I don't think one can take all the "this pump is better than that one" as seriously as one once could.

Did you know that Franklin started making the complete pumps? Last I heard they were losing their azz on that though.

Not long ago I picked up a pump that had always used Franklin that had a different motor. I'm guessing Pentair didn't like the competition.

Just some info. Good luck Tool.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
              X