P.g.$ e smart meters gas $ elec.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P.g.$ e smart meters gas $ elec.

SDGE is retrofitting all the electric meters. Mine went in last month. They say for a few months, they will have manual meter readers coming around as well...sort of an audit on the accuracy of the transmitted data. But eventually, it will be all electronic. They say they will try to find other jobs in the company for the meter readers, but you know the long term result is fewer jobs.

Eventually, they will alter the rate structure so you pay differential rates based on time of day. This will force people to do laundry late at night...which isn't a big deal for us, but the dryer rumbling at midnight may not thrill our downstairs neighbor.

As for the hot weather....you just have to decide....run the A/C and pay thru the nose...or sweat!

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
      I have to go and read my own electrical meter my self ever month,
      Up hill both ways, no shoes, and 2' of snow year round, right?
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
        I have to go and read my own electrical meter my self ever month,
        I used to do the same thing--then they installed smart meters. They have some definite advantages. I live in the middle of the Chippewa National Forest and many of our power lines run through the woods (not along roads). The smart meter notifies the power company as soon as there is a power outage (and we get a lot of them) which really improves the repair service. Also, I don't have to "go uphill both ways through two feet of snow" to read the meter anymore.

Comment

Working...
        X