Too good to sell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too good to sell

What do we do with all the New Old Stock Made in USA parts that we have on the shelves that "Cheap" customers won't pay for ?

I buy and sell the cheap stuff but say a 1" USA Nibco Ball valve is still on the shelf ....

Dave

Re: Too good to sell

Make a potato gun with of it.

Comment

I only sell the good stuff. When a customer tells me they can get the same size valve for half the price. I show them the difference and then say to them "You hired me, a professional licensed plumber, I will only sell quality parts I can stand behind. If you wanted cheap parts then you should of done the job yourself."
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      Ron's Facebook
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        I only sell the good stuff. When a customer tells me they can get the same size valve for half the price. I show them the difference and then say to them "You hired me, a professional licensed plumber, I will only sell quality parts I can stand behind. If you wanted cheap parts then you should of done the job yourself."

Wholy Smokesaroony The RATZ on fire!!!

Comment

We use the US Made products in commercial applications. Big water heaters, main valve for buildings, things like that.

I can't sell a 3/4" stop valve to old Mrs. McGillicutty for $50 so she gets one made in Malaysia for half that.

Comment

i have about 20- 2'' and 20 1.5'' domestic ips nibco ball valves. it's not like i don't want to use them, it's that they are not lead free.

anyone interested in the good stuff outside of california and vermont'

or i could wait until i have a big irrigation job

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              i have about 20- 2'' and 20 1.5'' domestic ips nibco ball valves. it's not like i don't want to use them, it's that they are not lead free.

anyone interested in the good stuff outside of california and vermont'

or i could wait until i have a big irrigation job

rick.
              Rick I was wondering do you use ProPress ball valves? Or do you use the IPS valves with Propress males? I seen lots of the union shops go the IPS route with the Propress male adpters, and always wondered what the reasoning for this is.
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              Ron's Facebook
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                Rick I was wondering do you use ProPress ball valves? Or do you use the IPS valves with Propress males? I seen lots of the union shops go the IPS route with the Propress male adpters, and always wondered what the reasoning for this is.
                up to 1'' propress. after that it's much more economical to install 2 mip adapters and a generic ball valve. of course it's even more economic to solder on 2 stubs and pp a couple couplings. plus it gives you the extra spacing if replacing an existing valve or fittings.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X