X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wives that help their husbands

there's an unnamed regular that is without water as they thought it was a good idea to fix their moen tub last night. of course since they broke it, they will have a stinky plumbercrack until the valve is fixed.

any idea who this might have been

don't look at me, we were at a big party last night.

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 10-03-2010, 12:46 PM.
    phoebe it is

Re: wives that help their husbands

Like that's a puzzle..

Don't even have to think twice...

Plumber'sCrack

Comment

" may your forehead grow ! Sorry adam!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

That's pretty well how it works for me. I can work for customers all day and make it look like I'm working magic. I try to fix something at home and it turns to liquefied ****.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Sorry crack but that is funny. at least it wasn't an old delta you broke.

Comment

What's in the air? Woke up to about 500+ gallons of water under the house from a large pinhole leak.

All fixed now....

J.C.

Comment

I can't say nothin'.
              I augured my own WC, Caught on something and cranked way more then I normally would at a customers and SNAP. The water went down!
              Then I noticed a river on the floor. I busted my own WC
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                What's in the air? Woke up to about 500+ gallons of water under the house from a large pinhole leak.

All fixed now....

J.C.
                At least your water is back on. Going on day 2 without. Got a bucket under the downspout and praying for rain. Man I gotta pee!!!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  At least your water is back on. Going on day 2 without. Got a bucket under the downspout and praying for rain. Man I gotta pee!!!
                  Well....some plumbers are faster than others.

J.C.

Comment

All fixed finally!

Moen said only 2 tools were needed for this repair- a screwdriver and pair of pliers

I would recommend they add a few to that list:

hammer
                    chisel
                    swear jar
                    pry bar
                    needle nose pliers
                    a second Moen cartridge
                    3 bandaids
                    bucket of patience

Comment

What were you trying to fix that gave you so many problems? Looking at your tools list, I'm going to guess you tried to change a 1225 cartridge that came out in pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
                        What were you trying to fix that gave you so many problems? Looking at your tools list, I'm going to guess you tried to change a 1225 cartridge that came out in pieces.
                        yep the 1225

the original one came out in 4 pieces

the replacement was with a Brasscraft knockoff cartridge and it folded over when she started to hammer it in

Comment

I know lots have had trouble with the 1225, but I actually like that valve...easy to pull out, easy to put in. Takes a few seconds to install. They are tenant-proof and most of all they are FREE - never had a problem with them.

Comment

1225 free?

How do you work that out? Have the customer request a replacement cartridge and wait a week to do the job?
                            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                              1225 free?

How do you work that out? Have the customer request a replacement cartridge and wait a week to do the job?
                              True. I don't have time to screw around with some Moen rep sometimes. Got to get done.

SOME supply houses will refund you after you receive one from Moen. So, you buy the cartridge, install it, and then return it the next time you're at the supply house.

If you want to go that route. But like I said, most of the time I don't have the patience/time to screw with all that. Buy it, put it in, keep rolling.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X