X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seesnake micro camera broke.

I was using my Ridgid micro camera to find a cell phone that my friend dropped down a toilet and when I pulled it out the camera head broke off. IT IS THIN PLASTIC!(where the wires go through) I just looked for a replacement and it is $80! Is there a way to repair it back onto the cable or at the very least is there a replacement available made out of the same aluminum as the outer casing? Talk about a cheap piece of crap! Gotta love the engineers who don't think ahead how it JUST MIGHT get caught on something that you are trying to inpect.....

Re: Seesnake micro camera broke.

Originally posted by vette850 View Post
    I was using my Ridgid micro camera to find a cell phone that my friend dropped down a toilet and when I pulled it out the camera head broke off. IT IS THIN PLASTIC!(where the wires go through) I just looked for a replacement and it is $80! Is there a way to repair it back onto the cable or at the very least is there a replacement available made out of the same aluminum as the outer casing? Talk about a cheap piece of crap! Gotta love the engineers who don't think ahead how it JUST MIGHT get caught on something that you are trying to inpect.....
    If you are talking about the MicroExplorer type camera, it was not designed to go through a water closet trap. It will snap the head right off. The only camera that will go through water closet traps is the MicroDrain.

Sorry about your expensive learning experience.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Seriously? did you really look at that cable and think it was going to go through a toilet trap? It is a digital inspection camera, if you need to go through a toilet buy a micro drain unit.

If you have a micro, you only paid about $200.00 for it, so really trying to use it as a drian inspection camera is really cheap on your part.

Comment

$80.00. just buy it. my wife lhao. $80.00, she said that i,ve spent a hell o lot more for stuff i,ve broke. and never told her. shes right. breid.............

Comment

I did NOT go all the way through the trap with it......just the first bottom 12" on a maxwell bowl. It's not that curve that broke it....it was when it caught caught on the phone when I pulled it out after finding the phone inside the toilet. I barely pulled on it and if something like that can break it...it scares me to put it into any pipe in the future and I don't want to invest another $80 in a Ridgid if I can find something that is NOT made of thin plastic. Is the Milwaukee built the same? Are there any other options? Thanks.

Comment

the original red head camera was a problem. the newer ones are not.

i still have and use my original camera that joey got me when the first came out. even used it today to find the 8mm socket i dropped inside my diesel engine compartment on the jetter

camera and the magnet attachment was worth the cost to keep me from taking off the sheet metal shrouds.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by vette850 View Post
              I did NOT go all the way through the trap with it......just the first bottom 12" on a maxwell bowl. It's not that curve that broke it....it was when it caught caught on the phone when I pulled it out after finding the phone inside the toilet. I barely pulled on it and if something like that can break it...it scares me to put it into any pipe in the future and I don't want to invest another $80 in a Ridgid if I can find something that is NOT made of thin plastic. Is the Milwaukee built the same? Are there any other options? Thanks.
              hate to say it but I have the milwakee 3' inspection cam and works great and it was there demo I got from fallson befor milwwakee was even selling them I used it for 3 months and filled out a report on line what I thought likes and dislikes and the Rep. let me keep the cam. 12v lithiom and the drill to that was a good day hope that helps sorry Rig.
              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

I forgot to say that I cat say how many times the millwakee cam saved me when at Carrozza for warrenty calls people say they didnt flush nothing in toilet and I work the cam. through and thers the tooth brush stuck in the trap and the customer is just like thats were that went so ya I have used it in toilets without removeing water
                SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
                X