X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Leak?

I did a house about 2 years ago and got a call from the HO with a problem. He said he can hear water dripping when he flushes the toilet for a while and cant figure out why. He also said that the water in the bowl goes down on its own about 2 inches after 2 or so hours. He supplied the HD Kohler Cimmeron toilets. This house is piped in cast iron and has infloor heat by another contractor. My first thought is maybe a cracked or defective bowl and loosing water? Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Last edited by Birddoggiest; 10-08-2010, 07:31 AM.

Re: Toilet Leak?

Sounds right to me. Somebody may have whooped an auger too hard.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddoggiest View Post
      He said he can hear water dripping when he flushes the toilet for a while and cant figure out why. He also said that the water in the TANK goes down on its own about 2 inches after 2 or so hours.
      Sounds like a leaky flush valve to me. Why it would only drop 2" is what's curious to me. Have them dump some food coloring in the tank when it's done filling and check the bowl in a half hour.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

defiantly not the bowl. the tank should hold water,even if you remove it from the bowl. needs a new flapper

Comment

I wrote that wrong, He said the water goes down in the bowl. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddoggiest View Post
            I wrote that wrong, He said the water goes down in the bowl. Sorry.
            JC You are the MAN!

Comment

If we take the toilet being cracked in anyway out of the equation, then it sounds like a flush valve/flapper problem for the water noise.

As far as the water level in the bowl dropping, it could be "momentum" from a near by drain is sucking the trap in the toilet.
              Last edited by Flux; 10-08-2010, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                If we take the toilet being cracked in anyway out of the equation, then it sounds like a flush valve/flapper problem for the water noise.

As far as the water level in the bowl dropping, it could be "momentum" from a near by drain is sucking the trap in the toilet.
                It is on its own 3" stack that y's off another 3" that serves a toilet downstairs.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  Sounds right to me. Somebody may have whooped an auger too hard.

J.C.
                  Just for the record, I want it clearly stated that it was NOT ME this time! I only do that in my own home
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                    Just for the record, I want it clearly stated that it was NOT ME this time! I only do that in my own home
                    Gene, that's one heck of a service call! The toilet being in Idaho and you being in Maine... I've heard of plumbers who travel, but never actually met one before.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                      Gene, that's one heck of a service call! The toilet being in Idaho and you being in Maine... I've heard of plumbers who travel, but never actually met one before.
                      Have a clog in afghanistan?....well, I'm your man. For the right price I'll go to the moon and back.

I might have to arm wrestle Plumber Rick for the job, but according to Ben that shouldn't be much of a problem
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                        Have a clog in afghanistan?....well, I'm your man. For the right price I'll go to the moon and back.

I might have to arm wrestle Plumber Rick for the job, but according to Ben that shouldn't be much of a problem
                        I don't know, if Rick hefts that Propress around enough he might have arms like a chimp.

Comment

Working...
                        X