X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Pipe History

Was at a waste water treatment show a couple of weeks ago and spent some time at a display with all kinds of information on the history of piping and drain cleaning. Thought I would share some of the pics since I found em interesting.

Different Species of Roaches

Wooden Pipe

Drain Cleaning Rods

Crown Cleaner for Rods Above

Wrought Iron Pipe

More on next post....
    Attached Files

Re: Some Pipe History

Continued....

Old Cast Iron Water Pipe

Wood Water Pipe with Tap

Small Bore Wood Water Pipe

Plantation Clay + ABS

More on next post...
    Attached Files

Comment

Continued...

Orangeburg Pipe

More Orangeburg

Early Clay Pipe

Commode Setup for Military Camp
      Attached Files

Comment

Great Pictures Josh!

Thanks so much for posting, some of that stuff, I have never seen before

I am going to make a blog post today about old pipes and link to this thread, cause its got some awesome pictures,

Thanks again and awesome shots !!
        Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
        New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Pretty cool, must have been an interesting booth.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I have seen wood pipe used for water lines on an old commercial building here in Oregon. They actually use cedar pipe in Alaska still today because the material is more insulated and less likely to freeze. They bury the pipe about ten feet down and from what I was told by a plumber up there they use them mostly for lateral lines.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
              I have seen wood pipe used for water lines on an old commercial building here in Oregon. They actually use cedar pipe in Alaska still today because the material is more insulated and less likely to freeze. They bury the pipe about ten feet down and from what I was told by a plumber up there they use them mostly for lateral lines.
              they still have a lot of old wood water mains and lead services going into houses in chicago today
              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

WHATTTTT?!?! No AC pipe in the line up?

Great post, I have a short piece of wooden pipe that cam out of service on a university campus around 1990.

Comment

That is awesome josh! A couple years ago they drained an old mill pond in town to repair a hydro dam and I walked the riverbed behind the dam while it was empty and there were several lengths of old wooden pipe laying around, wish I had taken some pics. Our municipality just got a grant to replace the last old length of wooden water main, I should stop down there tomorrow and see if they have any of it laying around....

Comment

Good stuff Maynard! You don't see that everyday.
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post

Oh cool, they still use that stuff today?

How long does it last, do you know ?

I find the whole wood pipe thing pretty cool
                      Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                      New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

I liked the first Pic. with the roches reminds me of working in the slumloards of chicago were you need 2 flashlights 1 to see what you are doing under the sink with and the 2 to keep the roches back in the walls
                        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
                        X