X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor Wood Furnace?

When running your underground lines, do you want them to have contact with each other or separated? Why?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Outdoor Wood Furnace?

Then I get the women?
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
      Then I get the women?
      Just being goofy. Joke I tell people I know and customers. From Scarface.

J.C.

Comment

http://www.uponor-usa.com/Header/Ser...ated-pipe.aspx

I use this stuff for them.

No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
          Yes. Seen it and think I like it. I have a customer that is just dead set against any type of corrugated pipe though. Gonna' use PVC. More work but might be better.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            Yes. Seen it and think I like it. I have a customer that is just dead set against any type of corrugated pipe though. Gonna' use PVC. More work but might be better.

Thanks.

J.C.
            That pipe comes ready to burry. You could pull that through a PVC Chase. Making it in PVC and Pouring expanding foam would work if you could keep them centered in the pipe or just use 1" insulation on the supply and returns in the PVC chase. I would keep them together.

Comment

JC keep them separated because they expand like crazy when heated. Leave yourself some 2 to 3 foot diameter expansion loops inside the home. 150 foot run will expand about least 21" at 130 degree delta T. Linear expantion rate is 1.1" for each 10 degrees per 100' Make sure its at least 1" and keep it as straight as possible. The stuff above is great because it is seperated with the insulation. Go through the slab at the boiler straight through the foundation. NO 90's. If you use Ecoflex like above the expantion is minimal, it is ready to bury. Installation manual http://www.uponor-usa.com/~/media/Fi...spx?sc_lang=en
              Last edited by Chauncey; 10-24-2010, 11:50 PM.
              WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
              ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

Working...
              X