X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pex Liability

Ever think about the day when the metalergist worked it out to where potable water could be ran through strong,durable(you know it ain't goin' to fail) pipe and fittings.

I don't care if every ---- plumber on this forum put it in and says it's O/K.
    it is plastic and plastic looses its plyability.Look at all the CPVC that is starting to let go under the slabs out in Florida.

I am scared to use pex.I don't like it not having a time of proof.

Every other weekend they are switching products,fittings,clamps,rings.

Why should I hang my AZZ out so another homeowner/developer can sue me cause I did not know this stuff sold to me by a supply house turned out to be another pile of crap.

I'll tell you what.You draw up the contract,specify which product you want in your home.We'll both sign and now I can on my merry way.

How was your guy's weekend?
    Adam

Re: Pex Liability

You make valid points.

I hate CPVC and only use it in a repair situation, if I'm repairing CPVC.

I think blame can go around to lot's of people, for the reason why we are using CPVC and Pex.

This trade has slowly went to crap over the last 20 years. Everything is geared for the homeowner,handyman..etc.

Comment

You all have almost got me convinced. I think I might just quit. Get one of those overpaid & benefitted do nothing jobs with the government.

J.C.

Comment

My heating buddy and I where just talking about this today.

He tried like he11 to avoid pex up until 4 yeas ago when he could just not win a bid to save his life.
        Our society wants it cheap and they want it now.

I'm not a Plumber so my opinion on Pex is weak. I guess only time will tell.......Oh, remember Quest? Time told on that.

I yield the remainder of my time to the respected gentleman from Nunya.

JCS for congress!!!!!!
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          My heating buddy and I where just talking about this today.

He tried like he11 to avoid pex up until 4 yeas ago when he could just not win a bid to save his life.
          Our society wants it cheap and they want it now.

I'm not a Plumber so my opinion on Pex is weak. I guess only time will tell.......Oh, remember Quest? Time told on that.

I yield the remainder of my time to the respected gentleman from Nunya.

JCS for congress!!!!!!
          Wouldn't that be scary!

J.C.

Comment

i have used water pex a couple times i use the wirsbo pipe more and have gone back to jobs 20 years later and it is still looks the way it was when i put it in
            i dont like cpvc or pvc and if i have to use it i use sec80

for water its copper and only copper
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              Wouldn't that be scary!

J.C.
              Nope, not scary. It would be fun as beat all when you take me for a ride on your new yacht, bought and paid for due to a kind "donation" from your new friends at Pex inc.

INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

IMHO Pex is ugly and lazy. Copper is beautiful It's like painting art. It's true plumbing. Takes skill for nice clean joints and fittings with no solder dripping and burnt over heated copper fittings. If you bought a Million dollar home would you want pex or copper?
                I hate seeing nice homes with hacked in pex such an eye sore.
                Last edited by UnClogNH; 10-24-2010, 10:04 PM.
                Rod
                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                http://unclognh.com
                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

One thing you have to remember is how our minds are trained. Straight, straight, measure. Gotta' look right.

But water does not know what it looks like. It takes on the form of it's container. It has no idea or inclination to be ran in a straight line then make 4 direct 90's.

While not looking right, the curves that look like azz to the copper trained plumber may perform better than the traditional "look".

We all may have been trained wrong. Or at least me. Making straight trunk runs with branches and direct turn fittings. Maybe all along we should have been making more direct runs like electricians when using copper. Diagonals, soft copper, and long turn radius' with benders.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    One thing you have to remember is how our minds are trained. Straight, straight, measure. Gotta' look right.

But water does not know what it looks like. It takes on the form of it's container. It has no idea or inclination to be ran in a straight line then make 4 direct 90's.

While not looking right, the curves that look like azz to the copper trained plumber may perform better than the traditional "look".

We all may have been trained wrong. Or at least me. Making straight trunk runs with branches and direct turn fittings. Maybe all along we should have been making more direct runs like electricians when using copper. Diagonals, soft copper, and long turn radius' with benders.

J.C.
                    Man I LOVE it when someone thinks logically and that logic takes us outside the normal box. I've often thought what you just described, but honestly, it will be a cold cold day in you know where when I intentionally start running pipes crookedly. Even when I use soft copper with a bender to cut down on resistance I still try and make it look like something someone can be proud of.

Cudos for you!!
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

type L copper Reemed ,cleaned , & looking good for more then mine and my kids life and probably there kids life to who knows But copper goes in my house for water supply
                      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

I still to this day have not even put in one joint of or on pex I still dont think it coed in chicago area like the guy was saying in other thread they sell it at home depo but they sell every thing ther coed or not they dont care as long as they make there profit
                        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

I had never used pex until about 3 years ago. Always a copper man. Then I tried it on a couple of new construction jobs. In the attached pictures I used Wirsbo pex for both potable water and heating loops. Pex was a lot faster and a lot cheaper. It can be made to look neat if you plan out the installation and then take your time with it. I did not burn one stud or miss soldering a fitting that leaked on air test. I am doing a new bathroom and laundry room at my own home and it is going to be done with Wirsbo pex and mainfolds. Along with a new Weil Mclain Ultra 105 and 60 gallon indirect. That way I can get some Obama bucks before his printing presses stop. "Press 1 for English all others call back when you have learned to speak English"
                          Attached Files
                          WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
                          ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

And Adam makes a good point. You never know what subcontractors are being used.

Got to keep your eyes open.

http://www.uponorlawsuit.com/images/analysis_mti.pdf

J.C.

Comment

Here too.

http://www.uponorlawsuit.com/images/letter_eagar.pdf

Good reading.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X