X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something all plumbers can agree on

We don't agree on pex v copper, flat rate v hourly or drum v sectional. now let me tell you about last week. I sold 3 toilet seat bidets, one to a girl that will never have the mental capacity past 10 years old and she has quite a few physical problems that make it tuff for her to wipe properly so she suffers from a lot of female issues. another went to a guy undergoing chemo. Chemo can make using toilet paper horribly painful because of the raw tissue it causes. there is a name for it but it escapes me. the third went to a guy that just had back surgery and could not wipe himself.

what I think we can agree on is that toilet seat bidets are the greatest new plumbing fixtures on the market.

Re: something all plumbers can agree on

I hate to disagree. Its note the greatest new plumbing fixture to hit the market. It has been around for ages. Its just recently being accepted buy the consumer in the US. But I have seen them 20 years ago in homes owned by Asians. When I first saw one I was like WTF, and the home owner seen the puzzled look on my face and laughed then showed me what it was.
    Last edited by SewerRatz; 10-29-2010, 02:13 PM.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

my first experenss with one was 5 years ago at a condo I was doing service at . The old man had an asian wife and they had on and he tryed to install it on himself what was funny was when he took off the angle stop to swap with the dual 3/8" angle stop he didnt realize the 6 story building had a booster pump and was set at 90 psi and he was on the fith floor he thoght he could just swap angle stops on the fly real quick without turning off water manly cause he didnt know how well after he poped off the angle stop he new he was in trouble so he ran for help to the next door units but the building was only 30% full so it took him a little bit well his wife was trying to bucket the fully open 1/2" copper line in ther master bath finaly he found some won all they did was call 911 and the fire dept showed up and shut down the hole building and thats where I got the call for no water from the mgn. company when I showed up the poor old man was down in the lobby he showed me up to his unit I reinstalled the reg angle stop and told him when they fix your unit call us we will install the seat and proper angle stop 4 months later I installed the toto bede toilet seat
      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        I hate to disagree. Its note the greatest <b>new</b> plumbing fixture to hit the market. It has been around for ages. Its just recently being accepted buy the consumer in the US. But I have seen them 20 years ago in homes owned by Asians. When I first saw one I was like WTF, and the home owner seen the puzzled look on my face and laughed then showed me what it was.
        Thats awesome then it is just the greatest plumbing product!!!!!!

I guess the 1st toilet seat bidet was patented in 1968. It's younger then me and sometimes I still consider myself new.

I hate to consider them something that has been out for a long time because there lack of accceptance after all this time makes us look kind of backwards. We as plumbers can do better.
        Last edited by saysflushable; 10-28-2010, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          I hate to disagree. Its note the greatest <b>new</b> plumbing fixture to hit the market. It has been around for ages. Its just recently being accepted buy the consumer in the US. But I have seen them 20 years ago in homes owned by Asians. When I first saw one I was like WTF, and the home owner seen the puzzled look on my face and laughed then showed me what it was.
          your right nothing new i was putting them in big houses in NY 25 years ago .they were a little pricey back then so only the people with a lot of money had them
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I love my BIDET..

No, no not joking I really do. I own a bio-bidet ;-)

Once you get used to it and learn how to properly aim and control the water flow, man its a beautiful thing.

Cold water on that brown eye the "next morning" after eating hot wings and beer the night before......well......that just speaks for itself.

If your a wing and beer man, you need a bidet for sure !!

No more reaching and scratching in the circular motion if you know what i mean
            Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
            New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
              We don't agree on pex v copper, flat rate v hourly or drum v sectional. now let me tell you about last week. I sold 3 toilet seat bidets, one to a girl that will never have the mental capacity past 10 years old and she has quite a few physical problems that make it tuff for her to wipe properly so she suffers from a lot of female issues. another went to a guy undergoing chemo. Chemo can make using toilet paper horribly painful because of the raw tissue it causes. there is a name for it but it escapes me. the third went to a guy that just had back surgery and could not wipe himself.

what I think we can agree on is that toilet seat bidets are the greatest new plumbing fixtures on the market.
              I really like my Coway bidet seat.

The neat thing is that you can also use it as a drinking fountain when necessary. For example: After a hard night of drinking, when you're praying to the porcelin god after you're done puking, just hit the remote, set the water temp to cold. You can rinse out your mouth to get rid of that nasty taste....
              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                I really like my Coway bidet seat.

The neat thing is that you can also use it as a drinking fountain when necessary. For example: After a hard night of drinking, when you're praying to the porcelin god after you're done puking, just hit the remote, set the water temp to cold. You can rinse out your mouth to get rid of that nasty taste....
                I nominate that to be the best use for a bidet....ever!
                Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                  I nominate that to be the best use for a bidet....ever!
                  Even though it was just a joke you probably could actually use it for that.
                  Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Just don't use one of those hose attachement As$ showers (bidet hose) that connect to the toilet angle stop.

We did some plumbing for a neighbor four years ago and they insisted on installing two of these in the upstairs bathroom. I flat out refused to purchase them for them or install them. They went ahead and did it themselves. I came in checked the install and told them that they better keep a couple of adjustable wrenches in the bathroom drawer so they could tighten them up every few months because I could see them coming loose from being used daily.

Well in September they went to Vegas for five days and when they came back they got a nice little present. The connection to one of the angle stops leaked. It took ServPro over a week to remove all the damaged drywall, flooring, carpet, etc... plus dry out the house. Damage was Upstairs and downstairs.

I guessed around $40,000.00 in damage, I was a little high. The estimator came in at 37,000.00, however said they had wiggle room for extras.

Comment

Working...
                    X