Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Rehau

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rehau

    I have been using Rehau pex piping system for hot and cold water renewals since 2005 and have the old M-1 Rautool that pushes the brass sleeve over the pipe to seal it onto the fitting but it is a heavy and awkward tool to use so I just got a price on their new A-light battery tool which does the same thing as the M-1 tool but was quoted $2,550.00 and would like to know how much they are charging US customers.

    Tony

  • #2
    Re: Rehau

    Last I heard in the U.S. Rehau was dead on the fitting department. They were going to abandon potable water connections. Only going to make pipe & steer toward radiant.

    All of the battery PEX and copper connection tools seem overpriced to me.

    But that does keep them out of the DIYers hands. For now.

    Have you seen the new Milwaukee M12 Uponor/Wirsbo expander? Most reasonably priced battery PEX tool yet. Might be time for a change.

    http://www.ohiopowertool.com/P-2964-...LAID=582960525

    J.C.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Rehau

      Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

      Have you seen the new Milwaukee M12 Uponor/Wirsbo expander? Most reasonably priced battery PEX tool yet. Might be time for a change.

      http://www.ohiopowertool.com/P-2964-...LAID=582960525

      J.C.
      Have seen it and tried it. Much faster than the French made power tool.
      Time flies like an arrow.

      Fruit flies like a banana.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Rehau

        Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
        Have seen it and tried it. Much faster than the French made power tool.
        Just picked my 12v up last week. It is way better than the French tool. Worth the 400.00, and cheaper than the Uponor gun.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Rehau

          I use Rehau pex and the copper crimp ring connection method. Works well and I've never had a joint leak. My supplier is still selling Rehau Pex,I picked some up yesterday.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Rehau

            I have Rehau in my Las Vegas home. A couple months ago the Developer sent a plumbing company out to replace all of the brass fittings due to problems with Dezincification. My understanding is it had to do with a deal Rehau and the Developer worked out to avoid a Class Action. While Rehau is still making the tubing, I believe Sioux Chief now owns the fitting portion of the system.

            Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

            I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Rehau

              Souix Chief does indeed make the fittings now. I did the plant tour last June. Brass dezincification is the reason why Uponor has been telling its dealers to use plastic fittings whenever possible.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Rehau

                Rehau has been running around and changing over there expander heads before they drop all the brass fittings for plastic sometime this year which I read they were having trouble with in the US with fittings clogging up and bursting but haven`t head of in Australia fingers crossed.

                Tony

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Rehau

                  Go with Viega Pureflow and bronze fittings. No such problems. It pays to buy quality made products, and now made in the U.S. of A.!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Rehau

                    Are the bronze fittings made in the USA? All my brass Viega fittings say made in China on them.

                    Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                    Go with Viega Pureflow and bronze fittings. No such problems. It pays to buy quality made products, and now made in the U.S. of A.!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Rehau

                      Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                      Go with Viega Pureflow and bronze fittings. No such problems. It pays to buy quality made products, and now made in the U.S. of A.!
                      I won't even buy cheese from the FRENCH !
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Rehau

                        Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        I won't even buy cheese from the FRENCH !
                        Then you will be glad to know Viega is German.

                        Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                        I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Rehau

                          Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          I have Rehau in my Las Vegas home. A couple months ago the Developer sent a plumbing company out to replace all of the brass fittings due to problems with Dezincification. My understanding is it had to do with a deal Rehau and the Developer worked out to avoid a Class Action. While Rehau is still making the tubing, I believe Sioux Chief now owns the fitting portion of the system.

                          Mark
                          You have all been jumping on pex for being crap but with Rehau its not the Rehau pex but the brass yes the brass fittings now I am sure you will think up something

                          Tony

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Rehau

                            Originally posted by AFM View Post
                            You have all been jumping on pex for being crap but with Rehau its not the Rehau pex but the brass yes the brass fittings now I am sure you will think up something

                            Tony
                            I don't know that the pipe has ever been much of a problem. It seems the weak link has always been the fittings.

                            Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                            I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Rehau

                              Originally posted by toutahnow View Post
                              then you will be glad to know viega is german.

                              Mark
                              sorry, i still won't buy french cheese !!
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X