Backflow question water cooled icemaker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backflow question water cooled icemaker

I was told that water cooled icemakers need RPs. Is that true or do they not have any risk of cross connection, besides the obvious air gap on the drain?

Re: Backflow question water cooled icemaker

What kind is it? What does the maker say?

Comment

I have not been to a location that still allows water wasters to be installed

If the cooling water is non-potable then yes you would have an issue.... Normally your condenser cooling coil is tee'd off of the ice makers supply line.... Or are you concerned with a backflow on the air gapped outflow of the condenser cooling coil?

Comment

I am not familiar with the internal workings of a water cooled icemaker. I was wondering if it was normal to install an RP on the water suply.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim the Plumber
          I take care of an Air Force base where normal codes do not get enforced.
          The water cooled icemaker in question has allready been installed.
          Being a prior Air Force Civil Engineer

I can tell you that a water waster Ice machine is not allowed (you can repair an existing but cant replace... Go talk to your CE Environmental Flight... My last year in I must have changed out 10 of them...

OR submit an AF form 1000 (Suggestion Program) and make 10% of the cost savings by showing them their own mistake...

Comment

Originally posted by Tim the Plumber
            Thank you very much! I have already tried to tell my chain of comand it was waisting a Ton of water but they would not listen to me.

The Suggestion program will make all the right people look at the issue and make you some $$$ in the process Glad to help...

Comment

Thanks again, I will do that

Comment

I have always had to have two RPs here for each connection.

Comment

Working...
                X