X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6 Months Boys

I think I've run into 1 Price Pfister (or Pfisher Price) faucet in the last few years. Lav faucet, Handle had broken clean off. faucet was less than 2 years old.

I know some guys swear by them (obviously Rick has had success with their products) but they're not very common here in the Midwest.

Coincidently, I've seen LOT of plastic supply tubes break clean off in the last couple months. Usually a HO install with a hose that was just a little bit too short, or they replaced the fixture and the rough-in from the original made the hookup to the new one tough to work.

I've also noticed that the hoses on some faucets will torque and twist themselves up if overtightened to the stop (like a drum machine on a root ball). It may seem fine at install, but the plastic will stretch and over time create a week spot.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      2 phone calls, 4 emails, 5 pictures sent.

Waiting to hear something.

J.C.
      Still nothing. Not one word about any of it from anyone.

J.C.

Comment

Sent another email. Just heard back that they are sending a replacement. Should be here in 5 to 10 business days according to their email.

J.C.

Comment

When I was in business I found that the Price Pfister faucets sold at Home Depot were different that than the Price Pfister faucets that my wholesaler was sending to us. The internal guts from Home Depot were plastic where as the same faucet (with a different part number) from our supplier had brass stems and a different pop up assy. I am sure that Price Pfister has to build a cheaper faucet to comply with Home Depot's pricing requests.

Comment

I tried to install a Price Phister wide spread lav faucet that the homeowner bought from home depot, as soon as i turned on the water, the "quick connect" fittings leaked like crazy. They are basically cheap plastic collers that slip over 2 o-rings on the bottom of the brass, and then you slide a clip in behind them. TALK ABOUT CRAP!!!!!! I would punch their engineers in the face if I could.

Comment

Originally posted by vette850 View Post
              I tried to install a Price Phister wide spread lav faucet that the homeowner bought from home depot, as soon as i turned on the water, the "quick connect" fittings leaked like crazy. They are basically cheap plastic collers that slip over 2 o-rings on the bottom of the brass, and then you slide a clip in behind them. TALK ABOUT CRAP!!!!!! I would punch their engineers in the face if I could.
              No that was funny.I like it. They use to call Price Phister .The Phabulous faucet with the Phunny name . I called them The phuc*** up Phaucet with the phuc*** up name ..Junk . Homeowner grade home depot bull sh**
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

JC, I have also had pp leak out of the box, widespread.

I also had diverter issues with the kichen sink faucets, pro series.

I also had supply lines from the pro series kitchen faucets leak, at the nuts, between the nut and hose. I couldnt fix it, I had to remove the faucets

I stopped using price pfister last week, after the last kitchen faucet fiasco. THEY ARE JUNK NOW.

I admit, they used to be good, the made a great 2 and 3 handle tub valve, but all that seems to have gone away.

I have now moved to moen, did a kitchen moen last week, 2 widespreads today, pretty happy with them so far, to early to tell, but one thing is for sure, they didnt leak out of the box, and the kitchen faucets divert properly and the metal plate does not sit right on the sink without a plastic base.
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

price pfister was our stock valve for tubs and showers. basically our builder line if nothing was specified. same with the faucets kitchens and tub/ showers.

must have installed 20,000 plus price pfister faucets and valves in new construction. only issue we would have was if the guys overheated a tub or shower valve, they could melt the cartridge.

price pfister is like general motors. you could get chevy trim or cadillac trim. rookie is right, home depot price pfister is lower cost parts to compete with our better line at the supply house. typically the stems/ cartridges and pop ups were plastic instead of brass.

their quick connect feature on the hoses to spout is fine as long as you don't pinch an o-ring. never had an issue that customer service wouldn't handle.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    price pfister was our stock valve for tubs and showers. basically our builder line if nothing was specified. same with the faucets kitchens and tub/ showers.

must have installed 20,000 plus price pfister faucets and valves in new construction. only issue we would have was if the guys overheated a tub or shower valve, they could melt the cartridge.

price pfister is like general motors. you could get chevy trim or cadillac trim. rookie is right, home depot price pfister is lower cost parts to compete with our better line at the supply house. typically the stems/ cartridges and pop ups were plastic instead of brass.

their quick connect feature on the hoses to spout is fine as long as you don't pinch an o-ring. never had an issue that customer service wouldn't handle.

rick.
                    It seems you and the other plumbers have wildly divergent experiences with PP. Could the reason be because they are buying onesies twosies, and you were buying hundreds?
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Seems more professionals have had negative experiences than positive lately. Got to conclude from all of this to avoid Price Pfister if possible.

On another note, called Moen today about something on another faucet. 45 seconds on the phone and the parts are on the way for no charge.

J.C.

Comment

JC, you know how I fixed the widespread faucet leaks, ON 2 occassions, I ran to the supply house and got a new quick hose.

Please note, I dont purchase anything from depot, so these are all supply house price pfister, and I have even tried the pro series

No go.

Glad Moen resolved your issue, what was it?

I have started installing Moen, Im curious.....
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Customer has a slight, and I do mean slight, drip on a two handle kitchen faucet. They are sending both the hot & cold cartridges.

Moen can be fantastic if you get the right person. Most of the time I do. I do have to say that one or two occasions I got someone that wasn't helpful. The rest of the time they have been almost overly helpful.

I recall working on a shower where the disc under the handle was screwed up for some reason. Moen guy says "how 'bout I send you the new disc, screw cartridge, AND a new combination polished brass/chrome handle..."

Ran into a Moen rep at a plumbing show. He took my address and sent me EVERY book related to Moen products.

All brands have some ups and downs in my experience. Some Moen kitchen faucets had some problems with flow and with wanting to sloooowly turn off. Can't remember if that faucet was discontinued as a resolution.

Anyway, all of them have some weaknesses. Price Pfister has had enough that I have to avoid them now.

J.C.

Comment

<Yeah I like .38 Special. Wanna' fight about it? J.C.>

Are you talking about a pair of 38 specials or what?
                            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                            X