X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Months Boys :(

Not one of mine, but could have been. Price Pfister only in for 6 months. Second floor bathroom. Homeowner was home. Imagine if he wasn't!

J.C.
    Attached Files

Re: 6 Months Boys

Bad news. I've seen a few of these newer angle stops breaking off in similar fashion.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

looking at the base plate scratches and lack of indexing pins on the bottom of the spout, was the spout loose and they kept moving the spout left and right? this caused the already tight feed line to snap off at the base of the spout.

i think you'll find underlaying circumstances that led to this potential disaster.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        looking at the base plate scratches and lack of indexing pins on the bottom of the spout, was the spout loose and they kept moving the spout left and right? this caused the already tight feed line to snap off at the base of the spout.

i think you'll find underlaying circumstances that led to this potential disaster.

rick.
        Wrong. The spout was still and normal tight. Very little Price Pfister put in by plumbers here. This was NOT put in by the homeowner though.

I first thought that whoever did install it put this connection hose into the spout in the field. However, Price Pfisters website shows that it is factory
        installed.

There are no underlaying circumstances to this point.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
          The indexing pins are located in the plastic "seal" located under the escutcheon, the seal is designed so the escutcheon fits snugly over it. It's all a lose mess, untill the nut is secured. Once the nut is tight the spout suddenly becomes fairly snug. I happened to install this same model faucet last week. The homeowner provided it. The supply hoses were factory installed.

The "scratches" must be a soap or mineral buildup.
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            Not one of mine, but could have been. Price Pfister only in for 6 months. Second floor bathroom. Homeowner was home. Imagine if he wasn't!

J.C.
            no matter what I would be pissed I would be calling P.P. and demanding $$$ back I have installed tons of P.P. faucets and never sene that hapen
            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
              no matter what I would be pissed I would be calling P.P. and demanding $$$ back I have installed tons of P.P. faucets and never sene that hapen
              Just got off of the phone with them and I quote what they ask to the best of my recollection:

PP: "Why did it shear off?"

Me: "I don't know. Could be dezincification. Could be a stress fracture undetected in manufacturing...."

PP: "Well I'm gonna' need more information than that. I can't go on fairy tales of what might have happened..."

Me: "I have nothing to hide from you. It's just sheared off. There is nothing else to say. We can hire some forensic investigator if you want to go through all of that...."

PP: "Maybe that's what we need to do..."

Me: "Just give me your name and extension please and I'll go from there..."

PP: "No, give me your name and we'll go from there...."

End of conversation from me.

J.C.

Comment

Now there's some customer service! How do they expect to stay in business with that kind of attitude on the phone?
                www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Now I have emailed them details of the situation along with a picture of the sheared supply.

I have received an automatic return response saying it has been received. To view details about the case it gives a link and a password. I go there and put the password in and it immediately will not let you access anything related to the case until you completely register all of your personal information with them.

F@!k all of you demographic tracking m'fers. Gonna' want me to carry a discount card next.

J.C.

Comment

Out of all the companies I have ever dealt with Price Pfister has the worst customer service, hands down. Every time I have had to call Price Pfister, I get attitude from the people on the phone, and broken promises. I started calling them on speakerphone with the homeowners standing next to me so they could here how rude the people are, and know it was not my fault when the parts don't show up.

I put in a PP faucet for a friend of my mothers that she supplied. It was defective right out of the box. Got PP on the phone, and they asked me a thousand questions about the faucet. Fine I can handle that. Then they made the homeowner fax over the front page of the manual before they would send out parts. When the parts had not shown up three weeks later, I called them back and they had no record of the call.

I suspect that Price Pfister doesn't give a damn about the professional plumber, they make much more money selling their crap to the homeowners.

Comment

2 phone calls, 4 emails, 5 pictures sent.

Waiting to hear something.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        2 phone calls, 4 emails, 5 pictures sent.

Waiting to hear something.

J.C.
                        Tick tick tick tick.... Purely wasted the finite time you have. Long term this is very bad news for PP
                        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

"when the phone don't ring you'll know it's them".....Howie Carr
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Well, at least one thing was accomplished with this post. Whenever a customer asks me what faucet they should buy I'll tell them "anything but Price Pfister." Even if this were an isolated incident the rude customer service cinches it.
                            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

jc, price pfister has always been the easiest company for me to get parts and satisfaction from. they have no problem sending out replacement parts and even a new faucet as needed.

i would email them a photo of the faucet and they will probably want it back to see what they can learn from it.

rick.

please note that i had this typed first thing this morning and phoebe was calling, so it never got posted. i still stand behind price pfister and have used them for over 35 years with little to no problems.
                              you do have to play by their rules and that's for a good reason on both sides.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X