Re: Hacktown never stops amazing me...

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      thats a fume extractor, not a vent.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

THAT'S great!!!

My reward for playing hookie are the pics you posted. Thanks!

Comment

g3. black wires look a lot like knob and tube that has been yanked off of the knobs................ okie where the finished pics at? breid..............

Comment

Customers son is getting married this weekend so they are not available until next week.... I have the work scheduled for next Wednesday so I should have the pics posted Wednesday night if all goes well

The electrical is a bit of a mess as well... There is a piece of white romex pinned under the Toilet branch support...

Comment

That black wire is going into a white ceramic tube through the joist (as in knob and tube wiring)... dealt with knob and tube this past summer long...PITA

Comment

Here's a job I ran into a couple years ago. The owners were trying to sell a home and were caught with a bathroom that had never been inspected. I was asked to "certify" the plumbing for the bathroom. Since I couldn't locate any vents for the bathroom the floor had to be excavated. I should have taken some pics before I started dismantling. But I caught myself in time to get a couple of pics for the inspector who could use a laugh.

The dark square spot on the soil pipe is from the duct tape used to hold the toilet piping in place. The shower drain and lav drains were just stuck in the cutouts and held in place by gravity and soil. Vents? We don't need no stinkin vents!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHUM-jTUhC8
                Attached Files

Comment

I am glad this is happening all over the country, I thought for awhile it was just in my area
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                    I am glad this is happening all over the country, I thought for awhile it was just in my area
                    Keep at it,you'll get it one of these days.

Hey,we are all having dinner together soon.Why don't you join us like we used to get together.
                    Ethan and Pheobe can get aquainted while Plumber Rick tells gives you a few pointers

Always lookin' out for my friends.
                    Adam

Comment

okie love that closet flange.. if i could ever learn to post pics i got one that takes the cake..

Comment

Thats great That reminds me of when I pulled a toilet in a basement floor unit to get behind wall to fix water leak I found that the hack who installed the toilet used flue pipe and stubed it into the clay sewer and backfilled . then sank 2 anchers into cocreat for toilet bolts I just about hit the floor when I pulled that toilet and seen that and he just wanted me to fix the water line behind the wall and I said no way if I dont do the job right then I am gone so I ended up fixing sewer and water lines
                        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by LThompson View Post
                          okie love that closet flange.. if i could ever learn to post pics i got one that takes the cake..
                          PM plumber rick he can take you threw it trust me thats how I found out but then again just scroll down to manage attachments click on that then the top browse from computer will get to your pics
                          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Here is a really good guide to posting pictures from Josh.
                            http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...=post+pictures

Comment

I post all of my photos on Photobucket (a picture storage website) then attach the links to the photos into my posts... You can do the same with youtube videos...

Photobucket stores the images at full size and I don't clog up Josh's servers with all of my Pics and Videos

--I think I'm too dumb to post the photos the way Josh describes...lol
                              Last edited by OkieBill; 11-08-2010, 08:30 AM.

Comment

So, I went through and straightened out the mess a bit

I opened up the chase and decided to drop down and come across with new line...

Cut in the new line and vent

Slightly different angle

Don't you use the little red plastic anchors to hold screws into sheet rock?

Better now

I was about to leave and being leak paranoid so I started running everything to catch any leaks even if they were not mine and found this in the same bathroom done by the same HACK!!! I'm gonna save this one for next week...

Comment

Working...
                                X