Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1000 Calls in 2 Years!!!! Should I Expand?

Originally posted by futuresweets10 View Post
    Im not a plumber but am self employed.... If you are only working about 4hrs a day in the field, an hour at the house, and rarely work weekends you dont need to hire someone else. You need to get busy enough that you cant handle the work before you think about getting help.
    I have not advertised in a year. And stay this busy. Also im ready to take on more commercial accounts. I cover 150 miles so if I get a call in Palm beach then Miami from my commercial accounts and cant make it there when they want me im out of a $100,000 account...Thanks for the look out but you sound like my wife
    You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingParamedics View Post
      I have not advertised in a year. And stay this busy. Also im ready to take on more commercial accounts. I cover 150 miles so if I get a call in Palm beach then Miami from my commercial accounts and cant make it there when they want me im out of a $100,000 account...Thanks for the look out but you sound like my wife
      I realise there are other variables to consider. ONLY YOU can determine what the best course of action is, regardless of what people on a forum tell you. None of the huge franchise companies or large fortune 500 companies would exist if entrepreneurs didn't consider what you are considering now. I wish you the best of luck no matter which was you decide to go.

Comment

Originally posted by futuresweets10 View Post
        I realise there are other variables to consider. ONLY YOU can determine what the best course of action is, regardless of what people on a forum tell you. None of the huge franchise companies or large fortune 500 companies would exist if entrepreneurs didn't consider what you are considering now. I wish you the best of luck no matter which was you decide to go.
        Yea I understand. I'm trying to get an idea of people that where in the same position as me and that decided to expand. I wanna see if it was worth it for them. Thanks though.
        You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

I would consider checking to see if the local college has an extension course on running a small business. You are running a business now, of course, but it becomes quite a different endeavor when you have payroll, state and local payroll taxes, withholding, workers comp, etc. Also see if in your area there is a chapter of Service Corps of Retired Executives. This is a group who for no charge will mentor and advise people in just your situation.

As to the loan, if you think a bank will give you money when you have no skin in the game....good luck with that.

All in all, credit of any type...cards, short term financing, etc.....IS how businesses big and small operate. But it can become the three headed dragon. Get lots of "book learning" under you belt!

Comment

i have had several employies over the years and you will have to get used to taking on more stress and all those anoying calls like the pipe leak at 10pm that you have to go fix because you cant get hold of your employee or the van accident that writes off your new van or the employee that feels he has to top off his income at night with your van and materials and dont think their giong to want to do emergency calls evenings or weekends because you wont likly get hold of them . i could list a 100 more i think you have to go big or stay small its hard to stay in the middle .this is my expierience of 23yrs plumbing service work .

Comment

Working...
            X