Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper rises to 28-month high as dollar tumbles on federal gov't stimulus

FYI,
    Copper is going to go through the roof today. Our dollar value has dropped due to the New Federal Government Stimulus Plan. The Copper mills are saying a significant copper increase will be implemented tonight.
    The comex is going to go over 4 today.
    Attached is a article from Bloomberg News:
    http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-11-04/copper-rises-to-28-month-high-as-dollar-tumbles-on-fed-stimulus.html

Re: Copper rises to 28-month high as dollar tumbles on federal gov't stimulus

Wonder what that is going to do for scrap prices? #1 , #2 , brass
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It floats all boats!

Comment

There will probably be a lot of busy plumbers and electricians replacing all the stolen copper.

Comment

Originally posted by bml View Post
          There will probably be a lot of busy plumbers and electricians replacing all the stolen copper.
          Yes with good old PEX

Tony

Comment

Guess I'm going to go stock up on some copper in the am.
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I cashed in 400.00 worth of scrap #1 scrap copper,#2 scrap copper and yellow brass.

yellow brass: 2.15 lb
              #2 coppa: 3.50 lb
              #1 coppa: 3.75 lb

I just chopped up 60' of 3/4 med gas pipe type k and 60' of 3/8 med gas type k. All brand new pipe but old. I had no real use for it. I'm taking that to the scrapper on tues.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                Wonder what that is going to do for scrap prices? #1 , #2 , brass
                Scrapped this out a week ago. Easiest scrapout I ever did. From the crane to the flatbed who took it to the scrapyard. They disassembled the old chiller removed the copper and the SS rotor. 142 pounds of copper in the motor's stator. The rest was just steel.
                Attached Files
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                X