Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New K-45 design?

http://ridgid.com/Tools/K45-Drain-Cl...e/EN/index.htm

I like the part about it being a "leak proof" drum! My current one leaks all over the place when it's spinning. Have to put tape over the screw holes.

Does anyone know if this one has a stronger motor? I may have to get this newer version.

Re: New K-45 design?

Same Drum.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Same Drum.

J.C.
      You would think they would have changed the design. I get pipe juice all over my sleeves if I don't have tape over the screws.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
        You would think they would have changed the design. I get pipe juice all over my sleeves if I don't have tape over the screws.
        Not according to Rick. He's cleaned thousands of drains with one without a problem. You must be doing something wrong.

(Seen the same problem you describe myself on the FIRST USAGE of the device. Others have too.)

J.C.

Comment

Posted this before but I was wondering if you could get some weather stripping and make a thick gasket. I've seen it where it is foam like but can be compressed and has adhesive on one side.

Might be worth the experiment.

J.C.

Comment

I remember when the K-39 screws would bite your forearms.... Does the K-45 do this as well??

Maybe the tape is a good idea to keep us from getting cut by the screw heads...lol

Comment

K39af has recessed screws but I bathe every time I break mine out too.
              Clearly I too am wrong some how.

Comment

guys, the trick is to not let the cable come back in soak and wet. if you cleared the stoppage, then rinsed the line and spun the cable before you pull it back in. i also use a dry sponge to soak up the remaining moisture. a rag tends to grab.

i remove the cable end of the job and let it air dry outside the drum.

if there is moisture remaining in the drum that can squirt, i'll break down the drum and wipe it clean and dry as needed. possibly once a month.

yes snaking thousands of drains with dozens of machines dating back to my original milwaukee hand gun from 1976, you learn what works and what doesn't. same reason why us sectional guys no longer make a mess.

remember dry cables don't bring juice into the drum

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  guys, the trick is to not let the cable come back in soak and wet. if you cleared the stoppage, then rinsed the line and spun the cable before you pull it back in. i also use a dry sponge to soak up the remaining moisture. a rag tends to grab.

if there is moisture remaining in the drum that can squirt, i'll break down the drum and wipe it clean and dry as needed. possibly once a month.

yes snaking thousands of drains with dozens of machines dating back to my original milwaukee hand gun from 1976, you learn what works and what doesn't. same reason why us sectional guys no longer make a mess.

rick.
                  Rick, with you ALWAYS mentioning how much better sectionals are, you're going to have to show me what the K60 can do one of these days.
                  Ideal Plumbing

Comment

p.s. dinner is postponed til a week from sunday call me.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Will call you tomorrow Rick. Gonna call it an early night. But thanks for the heads up about dinner.
                      Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.

Wrong. It should be made not to leak. Period. The mold for the front should be changed to smooth out the biting corners. Period. Those aren't some huge issues or expense to address. If I was the original designer of the front end, I would be embarrassed.

Multiple people from different backgrounds experiencing the same problems show that it is a problem.

The P.O.S. drill has been changed. Hopefully for the better.

J.C.
                        Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 11-06-2010, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          Wrong. It should be made not to leak. Period. The mold for the front should be changed to smooth out the biting corners. Period. Those aren't some huge issues or expense to address. If I was the original designer of the front end, I would be embarrassed.

Multiple people from different backgrounds experiencing the same problems show that it is a problem.

The P.O.S. drill has been changed. Hopefully for the better.

J.C.
                          I do know the drill is better and the drum for what I have used I know I have had no problams with leaks I cant say anything for anyone other then me
                          Attached Files
                          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                            I do know the drill is better and the drum for what I have used I know I have had no problams with leaks I cant say anything for anyone other then me
                            Thanks. Many more reports like that & I might have to get one.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                            X