It's called tuition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's called tuition

Got a call from my foreman on a job where the back up generator won't fire properly. When the generator fires, the line pressure goes down below 7" wc which will not sustain the machine's motor. We installed a 2" regulator on a 2lb line feeding the generator. The questions asked when we ordered the regulator were incoming pressure and downstream demand. I wish they had asked us our wc requirements or what type of appliance we were feeding. The regulator came with a 5.5"-8" wc spring (standard for domestic appliances). Turns out we need an 8.5"-14" wc spring. And, guess who gets to buy and install the replacement spring? Mental note: When ordering a gas regulator, remember to include incoming pressure, CFH demand, appliance pressure demand in water column.

Re: It's called tuition

my boss has done this to me a couple time when he orders the regulator
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Dog Gone how many KVA is that beast.The one I did for an entire grocery store only required a 1"@ 160' gas line.

Comment

i did a 100kw for a home in beverly hills a couple years back. the electrician was the general and i informed him to have the gas co. come out and verify that they have a large enough main. the gas co came out and fortunately i saved all our email correspondence. a year later when the owner moved in, the main was not large enough to power the 2'' line for the generator and the 3'' house line

the gas company wanted $50,000 to bring up a new service from the street down below. it was a 400' uphill winding driveway.

the electrician was panicked. he had already lost his project manager and had no access to his files. he calls me for help and withing minutes, i emailed all the gas company notes they sent out to us

gas company ate it

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          i did a 100kw for a home in beverly hills a couple years back. the electrician was the general and i informed him to have the gas co. come out and verify that they have a large enough main. the gas co came out and fortunately i saved all our email correspondence. a year later when the owner moved in, the main was not large enough to power the 2'' line for the generator and the 3'' house line

the gas company wanted $50,000 to bring up a new service from the street down below. it was a 400' uphill winding driveway.

the electrician was panicked. he had already lost his project manager and had no access to his files. he calls me for help and withing minutes, i emailed all the gas company notes they sent out to us

gas company ate it

rick.
          Good to have subs willing to help and watch out for one another.

J.C.

Comment

I had a large generator for a restaurant last year that the low pressure alarm would go off when it had a load
            I started with a 1 1/2" line 30 ft from the meter ,,
            Ended up running 2lb right to the unit and installing a reg there
            If the pres got below 9" the alarm would go off ..Set it at 12" with a load and never had any more problems
            It sucked a lot of gas

Comment

Working...
            X