Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
It IS Coming... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It IS Coming...

    Make sure to do your homework.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC0VW...3449DB&index=7

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxupU...x=9&playnext=2


    J.C.

  • #2
    Re: It IS Coming...

    i think it is here in PA for new homes
    i kind of like it ,if you put the toilet last in the line of the run the water that is cold in the summer will not be to cold when it hits the toilet . now the toilet tank wont get wet .

    but one thing is how much water can you get out of a head . we had back flow preventer put in the house and the water pressure went down and so does the volume of water
    Charlie

    My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


    http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

    new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: It IS Coming...

      They did put it into the 2011 Int. Residential Code. Our state already through it out.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: It IS Coming...

        Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
        i think it is here in PA for new homes
        i kind of like it ,if you put the toilet last in the line of the run the water that is cold in the summer will not be to cold when it hits the toilet . now the toilet tank wont get wet .

        but one thing is how much water can you get out of a head . we had back flow preventer put in the house and the water pressure went down and so does the volume of water
        I think it is designed @ 21GPM for 3 heads. It has been about 3 years ago that they were required here. They do produce enough water! you have to prove it with a flow meter.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: It IS Coming...

          Originally posted by Birddoggiest View Post
          They did put it into the 2011 Int. Residential Code. Our state already through it out.
          I'm thinking it will come back. Slooowly into most places.


          J.C.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: It IS Coming...

            I hope so. I got decent money for doing them. Almost $3 sq. foot depending. I think the stand alone would be cheaper. The material for CPVC is about 1/2 I think. I think it will be everywhere eventually. I am sure the contractor lobbies fought indoor plumbing and electrical at first too.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: It IS Coming...

              Gee I like that pex system with the easy connection and tooling system can it be used on cold water services ??

              Tony

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: It IS Coming...

                Why it's not in every new home baffles me.
                There are smoke alarms, why not a means to put the fire out with? There is water there. If I were to build a home for myself you can be damned sure there would be a fire suppression system in it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: It IS Coming...

                  Anyone know what happens when the house is on a well? My well is good and was tested at 12 GPM but the installed pump only puts out about 5GPM which is plenty for normal house applications

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: It IS Coming...

                    Originally posted by wbrooks View Post
                    Anyone know what happens when the house is on a well? My well is good and was tested at 12 GPM but the installed pump only puts out about 5GPM which is plenty for normal house applications
                    Separate tank & booster system. That or upsizing a meter/suppy are where the dollars go.


                    J.C.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: It IS Coming...

                      http://www.spdinc.com/products/residential.html


                      J.C.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: It IS Coming...

                        if i could put it in my house i would ,even if you just put one head in your mechanical room off the water system should help
                        Charlie

                        My seek the peek fundraiser page
                        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


                        http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

                        new work pictures 12/09
                        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X