X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elements that double back.

What is up with those pieces o crapx. I never had one come out easy and today I spent about an hour getting one out. That is rediculous. I don't care if they heat the water better. which I dought they do.

Re: Elements that double back.

They are a pain in the butt.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
      What is up with those pieces o crapx. I never had one come out easy and today I spent about an hour getting one out. That is rediculous. I don't care if they heat the water better. which I dought they do.
      The low density elements (that have a return bend) have double the heating area. Since the same amount of electrical current is passed through double the area each unit of area is exposed to only half the stress or work as in a standard or higher density element.

At least that's the theory. It's no fun sometimes having to pull a distorted deformed metal mass out of a small hole.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

they are pretty easy ... cut one side loose and yank yank yank ...

I have some home made Instruments that I sometimes use to untwist them also ...

I will PM you another "fix"

Comment

I hate those elements myself. Almost every water heater I work on is an electric water heater. I change out just as many of those elements as I do the standard type that don't loop back on themselves. In the conditions out here, they do not last any longer.

The only time I will use one of them is if it those oddball 1 3/8" elements that certain state water heaters take. Everything else gets a standard element that will usually last until the tank starts to leak.

Comment

Dont quote me: you can snip the rods at the screw end, and let the element fall to the bottom of the heater.

Comment

Just pull hard and yank it out.. Less than 5 min its heating again
              I wouldn't want to start a old element collection on the bottom of the tank

Comment

Working...
              X