Do you have w.h. Anode guilt ?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have w.h. Anode guilt ?????

Never check them Myself. Will start with mine. Have a great little book on W.H. " The water heater workbook By Larry and Suzanne
    Weingarten. Had it for years,and just started reading it again. I guarantee You will learn a LOT more than You know now. I always write on new W.T. install dates, and pick the nearest Holiday to flush each Year 5 Min. on tank, with magic marker. I wonder If My micro sea snake would do a good anode and sediment inspection ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Do you have w.h. Anode guilt ?????

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Never check them Myself. Will start with mine. Have a great little book on W.H. " The water heater workbook By Larry and Suzanne
    Weingarten. Had it for years,and just started reading it again. I guarantee You will learn a LOT more than You know now. I always write on new W.T. install dates, and pick the nearest Holiday to flush each Year 5 Min. on tank, with magic marker. I wonder If My micro sea snake would do a good anode and sediment inspection ?
    YES! it does a great job of inspecting anode rods. I poke mine in through the relief valve opening. While I have that out I usually sell a new relief valve. The hot water hasn't damaged my imaging head yet.

Comment

Thats It!!!! W.H. Anode Guilt!!!! Geez, the money I'll now save on therapists and Prozac. You the Man!!!

Comment

tool unless you have a very good impact wrench or torque multiplier, good luck unscrewing an anode rod

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          tool unless you have a very good impact wrench or torque multiplier, good luck unscrewing an anode rod

rick.
          Don't understand this. I've taken out many with a socket and ratchet.

J.C.

Comment

P.S. Why even have an anode? (I know about sacrificial blah, blah, blah....)

Most agree that tanks are designed not to last as long. So we've got tanks that used to last 20 lasting 10 with an anode.

Spray that VooDoo patented enamel or glass lining on thicker & get rid of the anode altogether. In short, make the tanks like they used too & get rid of the anode. They'll get the same turnover without the anode fuss.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
            X