Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6" pvc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6" pvc

    Anyone have any tricks for gluing 6" PVC ??? Specialty tool??

  • #2
    Re: 6" pvc

    Heavy body glue makes a big difference.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 6" pvc

      A 1/2 ton come along and straps, pull it together nice and easy. I like the gray Hercules glue for bigger pipe, and at least 12 hours dry time if your gonna run pressure through it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 6" pvc

        Bevel the end of the pipe so it won't push out the cement.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 6" pvc

          thanks for the suggestions, I'm doing a bunch of 6" roof drain piping, had a hard time with the first 3 joints.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 6" pvc

            Originally posted by TozziWelding View Post
            A 1/2 ton come along and straps, pull it together nice and easy. I like the gray Hercules glue for bigger pipe, and at least 12 hours dry time if your gonna run pressure through it.
            Does it bind going in with just one come along pulling it?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 6" pvc

              I wonder if you got a bad batch of something.
              Done hundreds of cuts/joints on a local college project.Not a single problem with assembling entire building main trunklines.No cumalongs,just hands.
              out of thousands of sockets 6,4,3,2 no leaks.
              Some start having problems cause something is out of alignment and they're trying to tweek after they set the joint.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 6" pvc

                i had a job that i was doing 6" sec 80 pvc and i used 2 riser claps to help pull it together then i had a strap that i tied around them to hold until the glue sets
                also use lots of glue

                http://www.google.com/images?hl=&q=r...iw=960&bih=466
                Charlie

                My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


                http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

                new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 6" pvc

                  one of these is helpful.
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 6" pvc

                    Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    I wonder if you got a bad batch of something.
                    Done hundreds of cuts/joints on a local college project.Not a single problem with assembling entire building main trunklines.No cumalongs,just hands.
                    out of thousands of sockets 6,4,3,2 no leaks.
                    Some start having problems cause something is out of alignment and they're trying to tweek after they set the joint.
                    Ditto. Not as much though. You don't get much of a turn on the fitting though. Keep it wet.

                    They do make a bigazz dauber if you need it.

                    EDIT: I think stokefire might have a picture of one. Hard to see on my end.

                    J.C.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 6" pvc

                      Originally posted by Plum4U View Post
                      Does it bind going in with just one come along pulling it?
                      Get the gallon can of glue and the big azz dauber, use lots of glue and pull it right together, I had to play with 10" sched 80 the other day, what fun

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 6" pvc

                        I took a couple of 6" clevis hangers and welded a piece of square stock on each side, took another clevis with a piece of square stock in the middle of the bolt, clamp the clevis on the pipe or fittings and pull it in slick as can be with the come along. One man set up 28' in the air in a sisor lift. Also made a jig to pull on fittings. I will try to post some pics u could fab these for any size pipe very easily. I dont think I had bad batch of anything, I just couldn't hold the fitting from pushing back out.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X